Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journal

Options
  • 21-04-2007 11:41am

Right so... fitness.

Since I am now totally disgusted with the view of myself in the mirror.. have decided that am going to do something about it.

Have been easing back into it, just doing some basic running [laps of Trinity] but since the new gym opened have been going to that.

Short story; 30mins of splits on the erg of about 2:07 over 2000m, but depressing as I was doing 1.53 over 30000, but its a start at least.

I mainly just go on the erg or the treadmill as its just cardio that I'm interested in and I find the bike quite boring..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

So what's the plan? Have you got something more specific than not getting sick when you look in the mirror in mind? would you consider the weights section of the gym? Or maybe a spinning class. If you do a spinning class properly you certainly won't be bored. You'll be too busy wondering just where the 5 litres of sweat on the floor has come from! The pool is due to open on 30th so that's another option.

Plan was to focus on cardio - have a set of split times which I want to reach for various length. I only have time though for three sessions a week due to other (non fitness) training and exams. Never really thought about spinning.. as I never found the bike that challenging [I know I was probable doing it wrong!], only used to use it as warm down.

I have hypermobile joints, and as such am a bit concerned about weights as my shoulders have almost popped a couple of times. However I don't know much about it so please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

ouch, sounds painful. I don't know anything about weights to advise you but spinning is a lot of fun if you want a bike session that feels like hard work :)
    Oh and make sure you're eating correctly. Loads of info in the stickies.

As an aside; this is the main sport that I do.

I compete primarily in ISSF 10m Air Rifle and 25/50m prone rifle
    I also dabble in 50m 3p Rifle and 10m Air pistol, though the pistol is more for the craic then anything

As you can see.. fitness not required ;)

Right.. weekend..

Spent a few hours on rifle training. Went well, in good shape for the nationals next weekend.
    Felt quite bad as was cooped up either studying or training in the range so went for a run this evening, gym was closed so just lapped the cricket pitch for half an hour, wasn't best run ever but was tired when starting out so am happy enough, ended it with a few sprints.

• Advertisement

Have been quite remiss in filling this out..

Have mainly been doing running and erg work.. need to get a proper watch with a timer thing for the running as my own watch is analogue.
    Ergs going well - Holding the split times quite well over 5000m. Will be keeping this up for a while and then trying it for a 30min session.

Tried hunnymonsters advice on the bikes - did a 30min hil climb this morning and am now unable to walk! Will factor this into the weekly sessions from now on.

Advertisement