Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q: Spectral Analyser and EQ

Options
  • 21-04-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Are there any clever Spectral Analyser's out there that link the Spectral Analasis to the EQ settings of the track? What I mean is when it analyses the wave form and creates a representation, does it allow some way within the analyserto adjust EQ? A good way would be to represent the wave on faders at each of the Frequencies and then you could just cut the high fader? Just wondering if anybody has seen something like this....

BTW, this is stemming from my hate of the EQ editor in Cubase!!!! I've given a fair chance now but I just dont like it!! Pity, because I love almost every other aspect of Cubase.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I assume you mean a spectral analysis which is visually superimposed over the EQ curve? The EQ in Izotope Ozone does this, like so:

ozone1.jpg

Its a very neat feature to have alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

I think its very usefull alright. I know your meant to use your ears for EQing but it helps if you can see a big dirty spike at a llow freq on a couple of your tracks.

That Ozone looks ideal. Stick an Analogue (A fader for each freq) interface over that and I'm in EQ heaven!!!

Advertisement