Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio installation

Options
  • 21-04-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi

Have a 97 BMW in Cork..the old radio packed in a few weeks back and it’s amazing how you miss it when you don’t have it

The old radio was a Panasonic and I went to Argos today to buy any old cheap one..and Bought one for around 90/Euro

The old radio had a single clasp while the new radio has a completely different connection, its IOS but is no way compatible with the old one

Does anyone know the best way to check the power cables/radio cables (maybe a web site) or a good cheap place in Cork that does a proper installation (instead of a ham fisted approach!!)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

you can get ISO adapters in Halford for the older connections. I fitted my new head unit myself and it was simple enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Thks tk123

Just to let you know..
    took your advice, went to Halfords here in Cork, but could not see the type of connection I needed..

One of the staff there, went to my car and started messing about with the loom, looked like a previous person made some some modifications, but left a ISO connection hidden behind a bulkhead..and the Halford guy found it..

Went home and had no problems putting in the new one

So thks again to you and staff that actually made a effort
    owe you one (and to think I had those cutters and type in my hand before you replied...would have been a disaster!!!)

Advertisement