Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freak Show Book 3 Launch this Thursday

Options
  • 21-04-2007 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    Rob Curley, writer and publisher of Irelands biggest selling and longest running comic FREAK SHOW is holding a launch night for the third trade paperback this Thursday 26th in The Sugar Club.

All the artists will be there to sign and draw stuff and there's live music too. The other artists will be selling original pages on the night I believe.

Doors are at 8. Windows at 9.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Where's the Sugar Club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

beside stephens green.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

It's on Harcourt St. to be a little more precise ;)

yesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

actually its on leeson st.. (harcourt is the other corner)
    It's diagonally opposite the stephens green shopping centre.

see you kids there :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Hey folks,
    Rob Curley, writer and publisher of Irelands biggest selling and longest running comic

really? I don't think so.. really? shiznits been round longer.. ahh wait "selling" okay. yeaah.

and it got a backround cameo in the CSI comic - Bless!

fair play to 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Yep Thumbs, I brought out MBLEH around 6 months before Freak Show and the Shiz does boast a whopping 20,000 copies in circulation. So yeah, I'm deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I'm deadly.

and so humble and modest to boot bob

just kidding you are deadly

Id pick Mbleh or Shiznit over Freakshow anyday but might try and make it down to this.

Yeah I noticed my snafu sometime over the last two days just forgot to correct it. Thanks thumb, would say I'd see you there but eh... I have a regular drinking date on a Thursday and well I have issues... Yes many, many issues.

Starting with the fact that I just don't think it's that good a comic, read far better many many times over.

• Advertisement

Its not my cup of tea but fair play to him for getting it all together.

Went down to this last night. tried to charge us a tenner each to get in. Said negatory and went somewhere else for pints. Nice one Rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Stormcrow

Mbleh carved itself out before Freakshow popped up.. I think Rob's Atomic Diner did put out Speakeasy and such about (or just after) Mbleh's debut. It's a pity Stephen Mooney didn't get his rightful title (in the advertising of the launch).. Wondering what I mean? Stephen Mooney, IDW's artist for Joss Wedon's 'Angel' comic, the establishing artist for what Freaskshow is! I did pop in, Stephen is such a humble and decent bloke, not getting his hard earned established credit properly posted on the table was a shame (and a lost opportunity!).
    Stormcrow

PS otherwise the night went well, the music was a bit out there. Excellent musicians just didn't think much of the material played.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Yep, agree that both Mooney and Thompson's slick and polished art really helped a shakey first few issues. Two world class artists and really decent and humble blokes. Their careers have only just begun, whereas as I'm just about washed up.

Mbleh! was out long before Atomic put even a preview out.

Advertisement