Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Door Handles and handrails for stairs - Charlesland Wood

Options
  • 21-04-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

I am looking to see if anyone knows the manufacturer and code for the door handles for the internal doors for the houses in Charlesland Wood. I trying to get bmy hands on another set.

Also I am looking for any information on the stairs handrail - Timber type (not sure if it is oak) and who would have supplied it.

Any help would be great, thanks!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Sounds like ure doin an attic astro --Handles can be sourced by calling ballymore the hand rails cannot .They were oak but a once off run i contacted the guy in Blessington who did them while he can do them they will cost u roughly 650 per 15 ft lenght as he would have to reconfigure a machine to run off a length or two and normally he runs off 400 to 500 lenghts at a time .the spindles identical to what you have can be got at 80 cent each in Bray p.m me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks Woodser,

Yesh, you'd be right...am doing an attic conversion. Trying to source the bits and peices so things match nicely with the rest of the dwellinghouse (but within reasonable price). Don't think there is €650 in the budget just for a handrail! That doesn't even include the fitting of the bleedin' yoke. So yeah, the handles for the doors; I'll give Ballymore a shout on Monday. Hopefully they have a set lying about but I'm not going to hold my breath. Anyway, I hope to be starting the conversion shortly so we'll see how things go.

As for the spindels...are talking about a balustrade? If so, I won't need one as I plan to do a half-height stud so I can incorporate sockets and TV point. TV is great. Just going to hang the handrail off the wall as is with the existing stairs.

Sent you a PM Woodser...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just a quick note to those thinking of having an attic conversion done in the 2/3 beds...the guy I have doing the work for me is doing an amazing job. Less than three weeks into the work and its almost finished! Now the painting has been left up to me so I don't mind getting that wrong myself next week. If anyone is interested in having this type of work done in their house, by all means contact me and I'll show you this guy's work...its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Try Chadwicks in Bray for the hand rail

Advertisement