Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista LogMeIn Installer Error.

• 21-04-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to install LogMeIn on Windows Vista, using the Vista installer they have on their site. Link here: https://www.logmein.com/labs/LMI250591nh.msi

I get an error that says the installation exited prematurely. Looking in the Application log in Event Viewer, I get this:
    Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: LogMeIn. Product Version: 2.50.591. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

1603 means ERROR_UNKOWN_PRODUCT according to Microsoft's KB article (which is for XP, not VISTA so it's not of much use).

I decided to run the installer and turn on verbose logging, which returned this:
    Log wrote:
    Property(C): IDS_Error_1603 = The file [2][3] is being held by the following application: '[6]'{{, Name: [4], Id: [5]}}. Close that application and retry.

This doesn't make much sense to me. I've no idea what application is holding the file, if any. All firewalls and antivirus are turned off, and I'm running the appication as an administrator. Even tried running it from CMD (start->search->cmd->right clicked and selected "Run as Administrator", then navigated to the directory the installer was in and ran it from there.

What makes this weird is, this is a new machine that I bought yesterday. A mate of mine bought a laptop from the same manufacturers, with the same version of vista, same utilities came with his laptop, and it installs fine for him.

Any ideas? Cheers.

P.S I'm removing Vista on Monday when I get some time to spend with the computer, but I'd really like to sort this out regardless.

Also, I'm using Vista Home Premium.

This may also be relevant:
    Log wrote:
    Property(S): CostingComplete = 1
    Property(S): OutOfDiskSpace = 0
    Property(S): OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 0
    Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable = 0
    Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired = 0
    Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining = 0
    Property(S): SOURCEDIR = C:\Users\peter\Desktop\
    Property(S): SourcedirProduct = {snipped}
    Property(S): ProductToBeRegistered = 1
    MSI (s) (18:9C) [16:04:23:655]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
    MSI (s) (18:3C) [16:04:23:655]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.
    MSI (s) (18:D4) [16:04:23:655]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.
    MSI (s) (18:3C) [16:04:23:656]: RESTART MANAGER: Session closed.
    MSI (c) (78:78) [16:04:23:659]: Back from server. Return value: 1603
    MSI (c) (78:78) [16:04:23:659]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1
    MSI (c) (78:78) [16:04:23:660]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Deleting SECONDSEQUENCE property. Its current value is '1'.
    Action ended 16:04:23: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
    MSI (c) (78:78) [16:04:23:660]: Doing action: FatalErrorDlg
    Action 16:04:23: FatalErrorDlg.
    Action start 16:04:23: FatalErrorDlg.
    Action 16:04:23: FatalErrorDlg. Dialog created
    Action ended 16:04:26: FatalErrorDlg. Return value 2.
    Action ended 16:04:26: INSTALL. Return value 3.
    MSI (c) (78:78) [16:04:26:152]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.
    MSI (c) (78:F8) [16:04:26:153]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you tried deleting the current installer, and downloading a new on. As it might have become corrupt. If that fails. Set up a new user account (non admin) and see if it installs then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Issue resolved. I used another installer from LogMeIn.com and that worked fine. I can be an ass in the mornings! :p

Advertisement