Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6.8 spc

Options
  • 21-04-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Does anyone of a dealer selling rifles in this caliber and also the ammunition for it?? Its more an american thing. I am it finding hard to find a dealer who even knows about the caliber itself!! i like .223 but htis comes hassle free, well except for sourcong of course!!

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammunition/remington_0303/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

Newby,

No dealers in the south will stock it as its far to exotic for them!

What type of rifle do you want it in? Ar15 type straight pull or bolt action?

bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Im interested in a bolt action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

your basically shooting a .270 in a smaller case... the main point of the round is for U.s Armed forces to have a alterative to .223 in an Ar 15 setup..

theres a lot of better rounds out there that the 6.8... 308,6mmbr,6xc.... these rounds are a lot easier to get and once reloading is okayed then brass and bullets are easier to get hold of as well.....

bernard

oh ive read all i could get on it, well .223 is about to be restricted here and i was looking for something that wasnt the same hassle and this popped up, found a few b/a rifles that i liked id be using it for foxing!! .308 is a tad too much for that IMO. I was also looking at 6.5 but i just thought id look this one up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Go to a 243 if you just want a long range foxer .223 to be restricted:eek: Have you seen the restricted list.If so tell us.Enquiring minds and all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

22/250
    .220 Swift

My choice would be a .22/250 or .243

Or go 6.5 Swedish.Knock anything around that here,and isnt a half bad target round either.On the 6.8. I see Ruger is making a mini 14 now in that calibre.Apprently a pretty good deer calibre.

CG im looking for a b/a not a semi. yea its getting popular in the US. Most on the AR platform. I had considered 6.5 right now im kinda tire kickin gota get to a range and have a chat and all that and then go and join etc etc oh and then get the licence. On the topic of 6.5 is there anybody round here who would know about sourcing a 6.5 m96? im guessing id have to look to europe or the US?

Ring around a couple of the gunshops.It is pretty common in m96 config.
    Saw a couple of them at one of the trade stands at Emo two years ago.Were brand new.
    try www.samcoglobal.com They have a good few left everything from Swedish sniper mods a1,500 USD.To the actions at 130usd

Thanks CG helpful as always!!!

• Advertisement

tried samco CG they dont ship outside the US!!!!!

Ok,of course they wont ship direct,u need a middleman.So go and have a chat with Mike Knehs of ETSS inc ,Littleton Colorado.[Google the website ]Great guy.Mike has the Federal export liscense.Tell him you want to buy this rifle in the US.He will contact Samco and arrange a interstate dealer sale,with your money of copurse:) .Mike then has the rifle in CO,once you have sent him your certified copy of your gun liscense for the rifle ,and as it is outside the EU,no further DOJ paperwork is needed.Get an email from DOJ just to smooth the Feds .He will ship it via a courier company that handles this to your nearest main airport.In my case Shannon.You simply show up with your liscense and import paperwork from the courier company.Pay the customs appx 50 quid for looking at it and of course this is a second hand weapon so the value should be extremly low;) Collect IN PERSON and go home.
    All in all it cost me appx $350 to get my glock over.Mike is very reasonable in his fees.As is the courier company.Time,about 12 weeks for start to finish,depending on how quick the Fed computor is in handling this request.
    Well worth it and I promise you will save bobs.Looks daunting but it isnt.
    PM me if you have any other questions

Advertisement