Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who gets fifth?

• 21-04-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Still wide open up their. Looks like this at the moment

Team
    Played---Points
    Everton
    Bolton
    Reading
    Spurs

Fixtures:
    Everton:Man United(H), Portsmouth, Chelsea(A)
    Bolton:Chelsea(A), West Ham(A), Aston Villa(H)
    Reading: Newcastle(H), Watford(H), Blackburn(A)
    Spurs:Middlesborough(A), Charlton(A), Blackburn(H), City(H)

Who will finish 5th? 19 votes

Everton
    0% 0 votes
    Bolton
    21% 4 votes
    Reading
    47% 9 votes
    Spurs
    31% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Does it matter?
    Surely it should simply who get the UEFA cup places, it'd be quite an achievement for Reading and given their attitude its surely not beyond them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Does it matter?
    Surely it should simply who get the UEFA cup places, it'd be quite an achievement for Reading and given their attitude its surely not beyond them.

Just find it interesting that it's so tight up there and wondering who will come out on top. It should be a good battle. If you dont care about it or dont think it
    matters then you dont have to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Spurs will get 5th.
    They seem to have the easiest run-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Didn't mean to be rude, just wanted to know why you asked about it i guess, especially as the question of the UEFA spots are more important and involve more teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Everton will easily get 5th, our home record is impressive, we will beat united and portsmouth at home. we have beat all the top sides at home bar chelsea who were fortunate to grab 3 points. plus our goal difference is the best of all the teams outside the top 4.

no brainer .....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Spurs or Reading. The others have harder run-ins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, the question really should be who gets 7th.

I reckon Spurs will just about get it. They have two handy home games at the end with Blackburn / Man City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think Bolton will finish 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I still think that Bolton will take fifth place - they have the experience over the last few years that should stand to them in the final games of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bolton 5th
    Reading 6th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'd say Spurs if they can hold it together, slightly easier run in i think. Bolton have been inconsistent of late, and Everton have probably the hardest run in, so maybe Reading for 6th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

5th on its own doesn't matter, apart from pride. You could argue that any of the 4 teams in that poll would take 7th right now, seeing as it would qualify them for the UEFA Cup.
    I haven't seen the run-ins of all the teams involved, but I'd fancy either Everton or Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Arsenal

Unlikely as they only need one point to guarantee 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Arsenal

Controversial, who do you think will finish fourth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Babybing wrote:
    Controversial, who do you think will finish fourth?

It's highly unlikely arsenal will finish outside the top 4 but if it does happen, i reckon it'll be Bolton in 4th... Everton have a tough run in with Man Utd and Chelsea, and Spurs are just too damn un-predictable!!!

Then again, Reading could be the Dark horse, that have the beating of Newcastle, Watford and Blackburn if they play well!

Advertisement