Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final college ball

Options
  • 21-04-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

well, the final college ball is on next thursday in luna in ardee, what a year it has been for college balls, as in it's been the worst year in about 4 years, and how the su decided on ending it in luna is beyond me.

its tiny, a rip off, badly located, did anybody that went there for the wedding enjoy themselves
    about 50 people where left behind that day too

what happened to the mystery tour and debs style ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I haven't got a clue. it goes to show our SU is just full of sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

pity, they were decent ideas, something different to end the year on...

not a party in a sardine can

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm just gonna go "LOL" now...
    LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

What's the point of going to end of the year college ball, especially if the standard of womenfolk is so sh^t?

that's a bit harsh. The talent may not be up to the standard of teen movies, but there are a few lookers around. tbh I much prefer having to dig up the diamonds in the rough, makes the chase so much more fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

rumour has it that the new student president is an absolute knobjockey....

redzerdrog wrote:

isnt that the first thing you have to be to qualify as su president?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

where abouts in ardee is luna? is it on/near the main street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

SaxoDuff wrote:
    where abouts in ardee is luna? is it on/near the main street?
    It's on a street called Tierney Street, which is off Castle Street. At the corner, there's a pub called Muldoon's, and Luna is down by the side of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

europerson wrote:
    It's on a street called Tierney Street, which is off Castle Street. At the corner, there's a pub called Muldoon's, and Luna is down by the side of that.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

you wont be saying cheers to anyone when you get there :D

what a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

... Looks like I'm definately not going. They were giving out tickets for free at one stage weren't they!?
    It seems like next year's going to be a load of bollox regarding Thursday nights too if comments about the SU prez are to be believed :(

it's the vice that looks after the balls and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

redzerdrog wrote:

I hear that Redzer an absolute numpty I do believe and has a bit of a gambling problem:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pinkkitten

This is the first time I've ever seen these forums, stumbled across it by accident& I am disgusted with all you people, I joined up because I'm so angry to hear you running down your Student Union!! I'm getting the impression that nothing the student union do will ever be good enough for you! Impossible to please I dare say!!! I'm no longer a student in DKIT as of last May and I'm proud to say I havn't missed a college ball all year long, inclusive of last night in Luna (which by the way was a great night and a great turnout!!) Why?? because college is the best years of your life and I go back to meet all the friends I made when I was there...It doesn't matter the venue, it's the people your with and what you make of it youself, so do yourselves a favour, quit the moaning, go to the damn balls and try leave your negative attitude at home.. you MAY actually find that you enjoy yourself a little!!!And remember the Student Union have a budget to stick to all year so what the hell do you expect, a weekend in Iya Napa????????? If they do anymore the price of tickets will go up and then you lot will start off agian!!!! Now I've said my piece and I'm happy!!:D

pinkkitten wrote:
    This is the first time I've ever seen these forums, stumbled across it by accident& I am disgusted with all you people, I joined up because I'm so angry to hear you running down your Student Union!!

....because college is the best years of your life

Well well, welcome to boards.ie, the home of the curious, the outsiders, the misunderstood, and to the lesser extent, some really bored people with lots of spare time ;). Some people here have completely different views about life in general, which differ greatly from the opinions of the majority. I guess you'll have to take that into account.

I'm virtually indifferent to Student Union, because I have 32 hours of lectures a week, and also a hellofalot of project work, so I end up being far too tired to participate in some clubs and activities. I've never been to a college ball, yet I doubt whether they would make my life any better. They tend last until 3 o'clock in the morning sometimes - and I really need my sleep :D.

College years are clearly not the best years of life. College can be a very stressful experience. Sometimes, you'll have to plough through 4 or 5 years of bull 5 |-| 1 + and despair to get to something that you really want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

The current student union is a complete shambles. They are *only* concerned about 'college balls' and now to get wasted - nothing else. People went to them about the car parking issues several months before any contracts were signed, and they refused to do anything, saying "we can't do anything". What sort of an attitude is that? Instead, they waited until contracts were signed, and plan a protest after the whole thing already exists. Trained monkeys have more sense than that.

Matt

Xemedi for prez in '08!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

gaz15 wrote:
    I hear that Redzer an absolute numpty I do believe and has a bit of a gambling problem:P
    lol;)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Xemedi for prez in '08!

Yup, that sounds like the way to go alright...

• Advertisement

who's Xemedi ?

Xemedia sees all and knows all.

And you shall know when Xemedi's time has come...
    for Xemedi shall rule over all puny humans.
    Those that stand up to the greatness of Xemedi,
    shall be like butter to bread.
    Spread and eaten.

*unknown source, 2xxx*

Merrick, see if you can get in touch with That Guy who knows more about Xemidi than I. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

lads seriously ye can't say that the standard of su staff has been bad over the last two years. I went to dkit from 2002 - 2005 and we had some absolute muppets running the union. from lads who spent the whole day in the bar (except on fridays when they didnt turn up at all) to a non existant president and a vice who took back handers (anyone who was there will know exactly who im on about) to people who were more interested in making themselves more popular by being in the union.
    While i can't comment on the state of things this year i can safely say that the union in 2006 (I still lived in Dundalk that year) was well run and inclusive of all students. The lads put a lot of effort into running the union that year and fair play to them. So dont go knocking the union over stupid things like where the last ball of the year is held. Has it ever occured to some people that not all venues in the vicinity of Dundalk are prepared to host a college ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm starting to reconsider going to bloody DKIT now, thanks!

djdeclan wrote:
    Has it ever occured to some people that not all venues in the vicinity of Dundalk are prepared to host a college ball?

em.....thats the point, most college balls in the last two years happened in and around dundalk in places that just aren't capable of holding a large college ball, same as with luna.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

You're not with me on that comment, I meant that not all venues would hold a ball (as in are not willing to do so). There are some fantastic venues that are suitable for balls but due to certain circumstances they will never host one. The reasons for this:

Trouble at previous events (I'm going back years on that one but it has happened)

The fact that the buses are tied to a certain entertainment company who provide DJs for almost all events (ever notice its the same few lads no matter where you go??)

IMO its not the union that is to blame for this, their hands are pretty much tied on the issue.

oh right i get you now.

well the new thing with SU is for them to get sponsered by certain nightclubs and if they win the election they basically send all the student orientated stuff that way, this i think should not be allowed its a disgrace

Advertisement