Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navteq Maps - Am I doing something wrong?

• 21-04-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just messing around with the Tomtom one Europe and I've noticed that if I try to search for a street using the keyboard, many of them dont show up. However.. If I zoom onto the street using the locate on the map option, the streets are all available there.

Why doesnt it see those streets in the normal search where you type the name of it in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

try doing a search with part of the street name in it,it might help.also some of the spelling on the maps leaves a lot to be desired :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

It depends on the city first , however if you are looking for somewher in say Blackrock , put this in instead of Dublin for city . You must be carefull of the town/region/townland the street is in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Trotter wrote:
    Just messing around with the Tomtom one Europe and I've noticed that if I try to search for a street using the keyboard, many of them dont show up. However.. If I zoom onto the street using the locate on the map option, the streets are all available there.

Why doesnt it see those streets in the normal search where you type the name of it in?

Sounds like you have older maps. For example many estates and streets in Leixlip show up as "road near South Dublin":eek: in the older versions. In the newest they all have names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

JHMEG wrote:
    Sounds like you have older maps. For example many estates and streets in Leixlip show up as "road near South Dublin":eek: in the older versions. In the newest they all have names.

I have the newer Navteq maps, not the newest teleatlas ones.

I do see the names of the individual streets on the map itself, it just wont search for some of them.

For example... hypothetically... I want to go to Number 1 St. Patricks's Place. I type in St. Patricks but nothing comes up when Im planning the route. However If I drive down St.Patricks place, it is there named as that on the map.

Ya dig? :o

try and change it to patrick place and see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

SoBe wrote:
    try and change it to patrick place and see what happens

That was just a makey uppy example..

I have it I think anyways. When I tap the find address one.. I need to put the city in first, then the address. I was putting the address in straight away.. just like the Blackrock example Sharkman gave me above.

Thanks a lot for the help, I'll sleep soundly now lol :D

Trotter wrote:
    That was just a makey uppy example..

it was a makey uppy reply but you got the idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Can TomTom use NavTeq maps now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

I must agree I also have great difficulty finding places I want to go to using the search facilities (Garmin 300 with navtek v9 maps). Its so bad sometimes I just don't bother. Anyone got any useful tips for more effectively finding places, should you use Spell or Address etc.
    Even using the mapsource software on the PC is fiddly and not very intuitive for finding places.

Advertisement