Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight problem :/

Options
  • 21-04-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I have a slight problem with a laptop of mine at home.
    Im finding it hard to connect to the internet with it, i bought a new NETGEAR router a few days back, everything seemed fine the first day but im having problems connecting to web pages now, i can still play games online tho.
    Any ideas?
    Anyhelp would be great!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

OK, take a step back and try the following:

From your browser try to connect to 'http://216.239.59.147/' (Google). If you can connect then you have a DNS problem.

Remove the router and see if you can connect (assuming you could connect before). If you can connect ok then you need to check the configuration of the router. Reinstall the router and do an 'ipconfig /all' from a cmd prompt and check your laptop ip settings, in particular DNS.

Advertisement