Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threading

• 21-04-2007 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had this done, and is it better on your upper lip instead of waxing? And is it less or more painful? I'm afraid of waxing again since I heard it causes wrinkles there!!! :eek:

Oh and does anyone know of anywhere that does threading down in the south? Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I had my eyebrows threaded in a beauty salon in Camden street. It was about a year ago now but I remember It being quite painful. Personally I think waxing is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Threading is the business. I'm surprised that not more salons do it over here. Got it done in London for the eyebrows -It gives a real defined finish and really clean. It's not that sore either.

My friend says that when she gets it done some women get their whole face done !!!

I know Blow on Leeson & Baggot Street do threading. I don't know about down there, I reckon waxing is the method for that as the beautician has to hold the thread close to the area :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

...eh am i the only one who hasnt heard of this threading thing!! Fill me in!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Do they twist the threads a certain way and it takes out a lot of hairs at once?

How could you get your whole face done?! Even the really fine not-even-there hairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

^^ thanks (looks complicated)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I don't know about down there, I reckon waxing is the method for that as the beautician has to hold the thread close to the area :eek:

By 'down south' I presumed she mean places in Cork or Limerick that do threading?!
    I dont think they do threading for the nether regions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

panda100 wrote:
    By 'down south' I presumed she mean places in Cork or Limerick that do threading?!

Whoops!Maybe you're right. Its just that someone who didn't know about a hair removal method may assume that it covers all areas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

panda100 wrote:

Have heard horror stories from friends who got it done down there when they were in Thailand so yes its possible!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

panda100 wrote:
    I had my eyebrows threaded in a beauty salon in Camden street. It was about a year ago now but I remember It being quite painful. Personally I think waxing is better.
    Waxing on your brow area on a regular basis is a bad thing though. You are tugging at skin that is very fragile and it speeds up the drooping of your lids as you get older. I've been thinking about threading over the last few days or so and have been wondering where in Dublin does it. Does anyone know of anywhere else apart from the place on Baggot St. already mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

LOL this made me laugh, yes I did mean cork/kerry hehe :) Thanks everyone for the responses anyway & to Thaedydal for the link...must try and learn it!! Thx. ZenZen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Hi,

Yes , threading is painful ,but lots of asian women do it regulalry...upperlips, eyebrows -to get the right curve- and the chin too!!!:D

It's easy to learn too!!!

Regarding down below....waxing is easier and a less painful option
      :eek:

Advertisement