Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 21-04-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,
    Though id make a new thread for this. OK , My new skates that I bought last week are going good , So tonight I got some time so I said to myself that I would take off my wheels and clean them . Everything was going fine on the 1st skate until i got to the second last wheel before the last wheel (Where the brake goes) and low and behold THE SHIELD ON ONE SIDE OF THE WHEEL WAS GONE !!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I couldn't have knocked them off because 1) First time taking off this wheel and 2) If it was knocked and fell off , it wouldn't just fall away , It couldn't ... So i think its evident that there was a manufacturing problem and they forgot to put one on !! God im so furious , 130 EURO for these skates :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Heres some pics of one side the sheild gone and the other side :

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/barry181091/Image0004.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/barry181091/Image0003-1.jpg

I dunno but this seems like pretty bad manufacturing if you ask me :( :mad:

Now I have a few choices, I can ring up Skate City and get a Replacement/Repair/Refund OR I can ring up the manufacturers (All my choice). I know my rights ,Woooo school is good for something :p:p:D:D

Just want some feedback,
    Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

OK , Its all sorted *i think* :p I rang J&R sports in the UK (Distributer/Manufacturer) and they told me to ring Skate City , So I rang Skate City but yer man gave me a sorta excuse saying that I could just turn the bearing around or something , So I just rang J&R up again and lied to them saying that Skate City told me to contact them again. They said ok and asked for my name and address and a new bearing will be shipped out within 48 hours :D:D

A bit o' cunning tactics and I get my bearing . I Just hope she got my address right :o

Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi dude,

if u dont get sorted, give me a call on 083 330 4798, i have tons of bits and pieces from all sorts of blades, and an assortment of different spacers, bearings, washers, axles etc.

im sure i can help you out.

Advertisement