Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transfer credit from one o2 sim to another o2

• 21-04-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to transfer your credit on one o2 sim to another on speakeasy? I have two sims with upgrade credit from long ago but want to keep only one number and therefore move credit to my main number. Will they alllow this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Fraid not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

JohnnieM wrote:
    Fraid not..

I didnt search before.. Found another thread where this was discussed and where the O2Feedback user on board, which works for o2 said that it is possible: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055045042&referrerid=&highlight=o2+transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

flodis79 wrote:
    I didnt search before.. Found another thread where this was discussed and where the O2Feedback user on board, which works for o2 said that it is possible.

i would love to find out if he/she is still on boards as im in the same situation as you i have 2 sim cards but want the credit to go on one.
    Would love to find out if it can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cant be done if the 2 sims have a phone number attatched to them,if one is a blank replacement sim then the phone number can be registered to that sim alright but not the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

krudler wrote:
    cant be done if the 2 sims have a phone number attatched to them,if one is a blank replacement sim then the phone number can be registered to that sim alright but not the other way

Are you sure about that as a o2 employee on boards said it can be done.i think flodis is going to contact her soon about this, then we will find out for sure :)

• Advertisement

well if its credit for an upgrade phone the imei can be registered to any number but you have to wait until one lot of upgrade credit applies before the other one begins,if its 2 seperate sims with 2 different phone numbers then no it cant be transfered,well technically it can but they wont do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

krudler wrote:
    well if its credit for an upgrade phone the imei can be registered to any number but you have to wait until one lot of upgrade credit applies before the other one begins,if its 2 seperate sims with 2 different phone numbers then no it cant be transfered,well technically it can but they wont do it

Read the thread I referred to above - it can be done and there is good chance they will do it.

As regards many upgrades on the same number: you can have many upgrade in pending mode, you will get the first 20 euro straight away then wait for the 70 euro until after the current upgrade credit has been applied.

well let us know how you get on,im interested to find out if this is possible after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I doubt they have a "transfer credit" option. I'd say it's more a case of removing credit from the old account and adding it manually to the new one.

I reckon "transfer credit" would be open to people buying 10 SIMs and moving all the credit onto one account - building up a massive balance and O2 making no money.

Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Gotta agree with Ciaran on this one the abuse it could lead to. Was in the same situation a while back just sold the sim to a mate looking for a new number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement