Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best value mod. shop around in and around Dublin

Options
  • 21-04-2007 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Howzy all. I have just bought a 2001 VW Bora and I have seen a couple around and online that look quite fetching when spruced up with decently subtle bodykits, alloys, other performance enhancements etc. and since I am pignorant :( with all things motorized, I was wondering if some good folks can put me in the right direction of any shops that are genuinely good value/quality for these things (around the Pale)? There seems to be better value online for the components from what I've seen but to get the things on the car would only give my neighbours a laugh and immediately reduce the value of the car I'm sure. Thanks in advance for any replies :D .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Ah a virgin Dubmodder! The thing about modding VW's, and many Euro cars for that matter, is that the mods should be subtle enough for people to barely notice. That kind of 'it looks different but I cant quiet put my finger on it' look.

I stuck a new grille on my Golf and I get that look from people all the time. Its so subtley changed that they know its different they just cant figure out how.

Sign up to http://manic-motorz.com/ and have a look at some the threads on Golf/Bora modding for inspiration

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Also try dubmodder.com and pick a kit you like and put it on your car, alota fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres a few good shops around the city.,
    theres icetronics, they moved recently but you can get the address from their website., proparts., they tend to be a bit expencive.,
    i buy a lot of stuff from mitchells autoparts on caple street, theycan get pretty much anything and have a lot of german suppliers and good prices.,

Advertisement