Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLease someone HELP, I'm confuddled by it

Options
  • 22-04-2007 2:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Right so , We got onea these satellite uplinky thinghys installed. tis fairly cool I'm using it now. However when I plug the pc into the gizmo thats connected via the network cable, Nothing, when I plug the pc into the ethernet switch it recognises it and all the network icons pop up n stuff but still no internet:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to the broadband whatchamacall it forum type gizmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maybe you need a router?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Right so , We got onea these satellite uplinky thinghys installed. tis fairly cool I'm using it now. However when I plug the pc into the gizmo thats connected via the network cable, Nothing, when I plug the pc into the ethernet switch it recognises it and all the network icons pop up n stuff but still no internet:confused:

A language imperative: Plain English and some model names and numbers and your bb supplier might result in more replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm using it now. but still no internet:confused:

You're using it now but still no Internet? & you're confused?

That thingy sure has me confused too! :confused:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It seems pretty straight forward to me.

His uplinky thingymagiggy on his whatchamacallit gizmo isnt working.

All we gotta do now is figure out how to make it work. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

The boards.ie universal translator has not worked since the move to digiweb:)

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/U/universal_translator.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

right its a DW6000 2way satellite connection/router thingamyjig my ISP is Telstra Bigpond, I have a Gigabit Network card, connected to a hub, then connected to the DW6000, I am back in the office now so I dont have the details of the lat + long and which satellite the thingy points at.

as for the confusing bit, I was able to post on the laptop at the time but couildnt get the PC to work, I eventualy made several calls to tech support and finaly it worked, tho no one is quite sure how or why

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Asking the question on an Australian website may be more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Now we know why the original post wasn't in English.

Advertisement