Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy Lecturing

Options
  • 22-04-2007 12:57pm

Hey

I am wondering can anyone provide advise on how to get into lecturing in business subjects, in particular accountancy.

My story so far: BComm (Hons) in 2000, qualified as chartered accountant in 2004, and since then have worked in corporate finance in a large company in dublin. I'm not really enjoying this anymore. Both my parents are teachers, and I think education might be an alternative way forward for me.

One of my college lecturers suggested that obtaining a masters is the best way forward. However, I would have thought that a professional qualification (ACA) would have some value?

Any advise would be appreciated, as I am at a bit of a career junction at the moment! :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have a look at my post at the top of this forum "How to become a lecturer" :)

I am coming from an IT background, but I would imagine it is the same for other types of lecturers. Get some part-time, evening experience for the first couple of years. The benefits of this are two fold - you get to see if you like it, and you get to gain valuable experience.

A Masters would certainly help, but having said that, I am sure professional qualifications would also help.

Thanks for the advice Tom. I'm going to have a read of your post now.

Advertisement