Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 PS1 Games.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

In no particular order

MGS- Bit short but a fantastic gaming experience throughout

FF VII- Epic storytelling with addictive gameplay, my first rpg :)

Resident Evil 2- Just plain fun except for the criminally long door opening "cut scenes"

Wipeout 2097- Got this on a demo disc with my ps1 and it was by far the most played game that Christmas, despite only one level of play

Red Alert- I know it was originally a pc game but I first played it on playstation and it took a fewq weeks away from my life

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

1. Final Fantasy VII
    2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2
    3. Tony Hawks
    4. Red Alert
    5. MGS
    6. Resident Evil 2
    7. Tekken
    8. Tomb Raider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

tman wrote:
    Dino Crisis 2 - a criminally overlooked game, and one that I always seem to be alone in loving... a more action based gameplay formula than the first, and a far better game for it imo.
    Oh I new I forgot something. That was a great game. I wish I hadn't sold it :(
    tman wrote:
    Resident Evil 3 - Most people seem to view this as the weakest of the series on the PS1, but for me it had everything that I wanted from a Resi game.
    I thought it was great, but 2 was marginally better :). The Nemesis was one tough son of a bitch though. It was like they took the Tyrant, removed his weakness (the inability to run) and then gave him a rocket launcher just to make it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Ho-Hum wrote:
    Red Alert- I know it was originally a pc game but I first played it on playstation and it took a fewq weeks away from my life
    Oh yeah man this may sound kinda of sadistic but I thought it was funny when the little men used to make screams when they got hit by the flamthrower:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Oh yeah man this may sound kinda of sadistic but I thought it was funny when the little men used to make screams when they got hit by the flamthrower:D
    Yeah its is :p ..but it was funny..and a class game :)
    But your reminded me of something...another funny thing to do with death..also a playstation 1 game :eek: :D ..and first out for PC

Worms :) -- Kamikaze :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

1. Suikoden 2 - Bloody ace game - one of the few I think back and get a warm feeling in my tummy :D I wonder if there is anyone who has played this game that hasn't put this in their top 5. and the chef sub game was so great :D

2. FF7 - great game, so many sub games to it, so much game time

3. Doom .... oh I loved playing this linked up with a mate - a true joy to play :D

4. Crash Go-Cart (Spelling) there was a crash go-cart game which was almost as much fun to play as mario cart. I lost the game though and forget its full name now :(

5. kulashaker (?) some mad game where you had to get a ball over some maze ... lol was soooooo trippy :D ... might dig this one out and give it a go tonight actually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

5. kulashaker (?) some mad game where you had to get a ball over some maze ... lol was soooooo trippy :D ... might dig this one out and give it a go tonight actually :D

that was that f*cking hippy band fromt he mid 90's icon_lol.gif
    i think kurushi is what yuore after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

0ubliette wrote:
    that was that f*cking hippy band fromt he mid 90's icon_lol.gif
    i think kurushi is what yuore after
    I think it's "Kula world".
    Kurushi was that weird man vs. block puzzle that constantly told me I had a sub orangutan IQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

It was KULA WORLD !!! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kula_World

ace little puzzle game indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

In no particular order:

R-type Delta
    MGS 1
    FF7
    Abe's Oddessy(Even tho it was a little short)
    Soul Blade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Kurushi, I remembered that. Only played a demo but it was very addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

For me anyway, the Playstation 1 gave the best games I've ever played. I can still remember first seeing Formula 1 and Destruction Derby and being blown away by just how much of an improvement the visuals were over my SNES. The Playstation 2 had a couple of good games, but never even came close to matching the Playstation 1 for sheer awe and playability of the games. Anyway, here are my favourites.

1. Resident Evil 2, from begining to end, an absolute pleasure to play. Filled with incredible atmoshpere, general creepiness and some huge scares! Loved it, loved it, loved it.
    2. Final Fantasy 7, again, another game that was so enjoyable to play. Great story, huge depth and playability. I was completely gutted when I finished it because I knew this was a once in a lifetime kind of game.
    3. Castlevania, Symphony of the Night, for a genre that was supposed to be dead (side-scrolling platformers), this game certainly proved there was life in the old dog yet. Again, it had huge depth with lots of cool weapons, skills, power ups to collect.
    4. Silent Hill, the first game ever to really give me the chills. I don't think I've played a game with a better soundtrack since.
    5. Blood Omen, Legacy of Kain, highly enjoyable RPG styled game where you play an unscrupulous vampire trying to avenge your death!

Honourable mentions, Suikoden, Allied/Panzer General, Rage Racer, Command and Conquer: Red Alert and a bunch of others I can't think of!

you got to try bully it is so fun:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Good to see Blood omen getting a mention - it was probably my favourite Ps1 game (and was sadly stolen along with most of my other Ps1 games years ago)
    even though it's zelda with fangs , its actually good fun to play (and yes you will end up knee deep in poor defenceless blood drained villagers as you play).
    The voice acting is excellent ,by and large(as it is in all them , although the soul reaver games were RUINED for me when I found out the main protagonist Razaiel is actually voiced by the guy who does chuckies da out of Rugrats, see....try and take him seriously now)
    other decent games:
    Ridge racer, I put in hours on this when the play station was released , hours...
    Skullmonkeys - Bizzare platformer , I mean really really odd, and some of the strangest music EVERY in a videogame.well worth playing though
    Medevil: one of the first dual shock games I think - really enjoyable platfomer , bit of a bitch though difficulty wise though ,there's some nasty puzzles about 1/2 way through.
    and ..i dunno Tekken 3, ultra playable , loads of characters , loads of unlockables , great sound and quite nice looking for a ps1 game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

1) Final Fantasy VII- still my favourite RPG at the moment.
    2)Grandia - As said before, terrible graphics, but a great game with great characters.
    3) Gran Turismo 2- Best racing game i've ever played
    4)Abe's Exodus - very addictive and difficlu, loved the way it was side scrolling
    5)Hogs of war - my favourite game to play with a multitap, nothing more fun than blowing up pigs! :D

In no order:
    Metal Gear Solid 1
    G Police 1
    Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Resident Evil 1
    Resident Evil 2

Or another 5, I really can't decide as the PS1 had so many good games:
    Gran Turismo 1 (First real driving game)
    Tekken 2
    Wipeout 2097 (Amazing visuals and soundtrack)
    Tomb Raider (blew me away when I got it for my 17th birthday,had just upgraded from a mega drive)
    Soul Calibur (Li-Long had Nunchuks!)

Silent Hill scared me so much that I have only played through it once!

4. Silent Hill, the first game ever to really give me the chills. I don't think I've played a game with a better soundtrack since.

That game scared me so much I have only played through it once. Silent Hill 2 is the only one in the series that I could play through again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Final Fantasy 7
    Metal Gear Solid
    Broken Sword
    Tekken 1/2/3
    GTA 1

I had forgotten about GTA1, the graphics were crap and that put me off but the music was great, especially the country music song. What was that called again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

'Some folk they find their women scary
    Cos they are so big and hairy'

Classic stuff indeed :D

The ballad of chapped lips calhoun. great stuff.

Advertisement