Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orals, Projects, Deadlines, Study?

Options
  • 22-04-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Anyone else here finding it hard to study with all the various projects,Orals, deadlines etc?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Nope, this week was the first time I actually did a bit of study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

A bit, yeah. I've only got the Irish oral to do this week and that's all my projects/orals out of the way. I'm getting a wee bit of study done, but not half as much as I'd need to be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

yeah it is pretty tough right now!! but wen the geog projects are in this week thats me done till june!:) orals are over now thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

Ya I'm finding it a bit tough at the moment,Irish oral, German oral, LCVP project and exam next week as well as my Ag.Science project...but it'll calm down after that and we'll get a chance to study a bit!....when you think about it their all really big parts of our final exam so it reduces the stress....a bit!!:( ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I am finding it tough, but the way I look at it is, these projects(History, Geog) have a huge impact on your final result. I would have never been able to do as well with my projects if I had started them earlier than now. I basically call doing the projects study.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

We did the hist and geog projects before Easter, wooo, and now the orals are over. Yeah, it's relieving. Now, for cramming..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Christ, school 9 - 6, yoga 6.30 - 7.30, dinner, hour online, more work at 9pm. I'm tired. I'm very very tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah its tough alright. I managed to work a way around it though. End of last week, after the Irish orals, I prioritised finishing the history project, and was done by monday. Since then, its been French oral for the rest of the week. And am kinda getting bits done in between aswell, so it isnt the worst. With the amount of history essays we're doing now, I'll be glad its finished. 4/5 essays a week...sweet!

Rozabeez wrote:
    Christ, school 9 - 6, yoga 6.30 - 7.30, dinner, hour online, more work at 9pm. I'm tired. I'm very very tired.
    Bloody hell. 9-6 for school? I presume that's taking in after-school studying or something, but do ye have that every day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Bloody hell. 9-6 for school? I presume that's taking in after-school studying or something, but do ye have that every day?

Try 9am to 9.30pm (Mon-Fri xcept Wednesdays) for the last 2 years ... :(
    No joke ...
    It better be worth it is all I can say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Naikon wrote:
    Anyone else here finding it hard to study with all the various projects,Orals, deadlines etc?.

For the orals, most of us decided to speak as much Irish and German as we could in between classes and at lunch. Might sound stupid but it really helped in the days coming up to the exams.

For all my subjects, I'm just going to get on with it ... planning to do a solid month study from here on in, full weeks until it's all over and done with ... I'v had to stop boxing and football training for the next while, but it'll pay off.

The best thing to do is just bring all your books/notes and exam papers home one of the days -
    see what has to be covered, what has to be revised etc etc,

and do out a fairly detailed plan for the courses ... try your best to stick to it.

We've all Summer to rest

ThatGuy wrote:
    No joke ...
    You have my deepest sympathies. That's mental. Especially doing it in 4th (or 5th if you did TY) year when you should be dossing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

ThatGuy wrote:
    No joke ...

how does that work out? double supervised study till 9, or something? It's insane.... you must REALLY appreciate bank holidays

My day is a pure doss really, 9:10 (more like 9:25 when class starts) to 3:45 Monday-Friday, then supervised study 4-6 which I do around 4/5 days a week, then more study after of course but there's really no pressure on me atm coz... I've everything done really, lol... it's all revision. Come on the LC!!!! I wanna get it over with already!

9-6 in school may sound taxing, but tbh it's a total joke, I only go to school because it's easier than studying at home on my own and provides a nice break from study... There's nothing to get from classes at this stage, for whatever reason... Usually, there's something to doss over ...projects, orals etc so most students won't show up to class and the teacher will give it free, or the teacher will be out (our school is teaching dossing central), or the teacher will take the class off to just have banter with us.... or they'll show up so late that there's no point in starting class at all. It's a great school really, hard to believe it's considered the best in town ;) but you should see those other schools...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

if you havent alredy guessed but at the current moment i dont have a life.

7am get up and feed pet lambs
    7.30am get ready for school,
    9.00am school starts
    3.50pm school finishes and i go home
    4.30pm - 7.30pm its study
    7.30 - 8.00pm break
    8.00-11.00 study
    11.00pm go to bed.

boger wrote:
    if you havent alredy guessed but at the current moment i dont have a life.

7am get up and feed pet lambs
    7.30am get ready for school,
    9.00am school starts
    3.50pm school finishes and i go home
    4.30pm - 7.30pm its study
    7.30 - 8.00pm break
    8.00-11.00 study
    11.00pm go to bed.
    Bloody hell.

Pet lambs?

:p

wow boger thats alotta study for 1 evening!! make sure u get enough rests in between:) pet lambs how cute!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

If you want to get big points in the leaving then thats what you have to do. Study. Study. Study.

Obviously too much study isnt healthy either but you get my drift.

JSK 252 wrote:
    If you want to get big points in the leaving then thats what you have to do. Study. Study. Study.

Obviously too much study isnt healthy either but you get my drift.

ya im goin for big points. well-520 but i do take a couple of breaks throughout the day too. well school for me during the week is 9am-10pm so i take fri evenings off!!

its what i need to do to get my points.

ive got six pet lambs, theyre called shazzyshaz , rozabeez , that guy, md99, jsk252 , havent a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

boger wrote:
    its what i need to do to get my points.

ive got six pet lambs, theyre called shazzyshaz , rozabeez , that guy, md99, jsk252 , havent a clue

Lol.
    What is it that you want to do again??
    I've recently decided to change my mind about my course, which means that whereas before I was perfectly capable of getting 340 with no pressure, I now have to start working much harder in order to get 515. Stupid brain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

boger wrote:

Mmmmmm I wuv lamb-chops.

Yep. Ironically I'm cooking roast lamb right now. Don't think I'll name it though, might get too attached.

:rolleyes:

talkin of lamb im hungry.

how am i a pet lamb....im flattered!!!

I wouldn't get too flattered about being called a pet lamb. After all, they only end up turning ugly as hell within a few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I did my home ec practical write up mainly in 4days before the deadline, my geography coursework the 2 days before the deadline and learned my Spanish roleplays properly the day before. I'm easily distracted, go out way too much and really SHOULD start studying properly rather than half assedly doing past papers in study but I work better under pressure. Sure I've a few weeks study leave, I pay damn good attention in class so I think that that's grand. I do the homework to the best of my ability at the time so I think that helps in keeping things in my head. I never did 5th year due to being abroad so I think it's a big advantage to do the course in 1 year as you don't need to remember things from last year. Also I only need 360 points.

Selphie wrote:
    Lol.
    What is it that you want to do again??
    I've recently decided to change my mind about my course, which means that whereas before I was perfectly capable of getting 340 with no pressure, I now have to start working much harder in order to get 515. Stupid brain...

i amplanning to do law in queens university belfast, how about yourself.
    i am not gonna give any replies about my lambs because yous would probably report me and get me banned again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

boger wrote:
    i am not gonna give any replies about my lambs because yous would probably report me and get me banned again

Why Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

boger wrote:

Law and French in UCC, with any luck.

Advertisement