Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

confused...hhmmm

Options
  • 22-04-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

my mam wants to sell er car.. its a 05 fiesta, <5k on the clock. she just never used it, has all the extras etc..
    shes looking 12,500e.
    but there dosnt seem to be much demand for it.
    i think thats a bargain considering the very low mileage...
    does nobody want fiestas anymore?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

It doesn't seem like bad value!

Surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How long has it been for sale?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

its been for sale for a few months... i just dont get why people dont want it... hhmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Misticles wrote:
    its been for sale for a few months... i just dont get why people dont want it... hhmmm
    Have people come to look at it? If not, then it's just too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

1 person came to look at... its not overpriced cos of the mileage....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

it looks pretty well priced as it is but looks like your mam has 2 options

1 drop the price a bit to try and shift it
    2 dont drop the price and wait it out

always remember a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.and its a buyers market at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

What type of fiesta is it? Because you can get a brand new fiesta argento for 15,000, so if its an argento,I'd imagine no1 is going to pay 12,500 when they could get a brand new one for another 2 grand. Also most 05 fiesta steels seem to be going for around 12,500 in dealers and no ones likely to pay the same in a private sale if they can get it for that in a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Misticles wrote:
    1 person came to look at... its not overpriced cos of the mileage....
    If it's been advertised for a few months and it hasn't sold then it is indeed overpriced. As SoBe said, a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If it were an unusual car then it might be worth holding on for the right buyer, but not for a Fiesta. I'd drop the price to sell it now, remember it's value is dropping all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Buyers market indeed alright, some decent bargains to be had in garages at the moment, your mam may drop the price if its on the market for a couple of months,a buyer could get the car for the same price in a garage and a warranty to back it up if anything goes wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

IMO, advertise it in the national evening papers. We got hardly any response from car ads on the web and in local papers. But massive response from a paper ad. Ask yourself which is your target audience (people like your mum) likely to use most.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

second hand car market is flooded right now so there is buckets of choice , try knockig €500 - €1000 off the value and see if that peaks interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You can buy them at auction for 9-9.5k euros and the markets flooded with them and there's a new model on the way so if I was you I'd take a fall on the price and get out quick. And no, I'm not interested not even for 9k, sorry.:)

Advertisement