Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Ferris arrested on suspicion of drink driving

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

mike65 wrote:
    Well he got away with it - his actions that is. That he was'nt done is surely more luck than judgement.

Mike.

And your lucky your not in jail for murder..... don't let the fact that you never murdered anyone get in the way.....

he didn't do the crime... where is the luck ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Two drinks should have been enough to put him over the limit.
    While his metabolism may have cleared the alchol out of his system there are a lot of people for whom 3 drink even with food would have them well over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

irish1 wrote:
    Did he really? I think he would have had a fair idea whether he was over the limit or not
    Yes, drunk drivers always know whether they can drive or not :rolleyes:
    irish1 wrote:
    and if what he said was true about him seeing the garda checkpoint and he got into the car and drove up to the checkpoint I think he must have been fairly sure he was under the limit which he was as proven by the results.

He had had 2 pints and a glass of wine. That would put the vast majority of people over the limit. Which is reflected in the fact that he failed two breath tests on the spot.

He got lucky with the letter of the law, I would imagine his later test was borderline so they had to let him go.

But as for the spirit of the law this was a joke. Anyone who drinks 2 pints and a glass of wine and gets into a car is dangerous.

Closing this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement