Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl HDMI cable

Options
  • 22-04-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Is this at all useful for a PS3 rather than forking out loads for an official PS3 HDMI cable - now i am no whizz when it comes to these electronic gizmos so i was wondering if sum1 could tell me. confused:

Here is the link: http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070423.p.HDMICable

Cheers:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joeg

Just got a mate to pick one up for me and noticed on the back of the packaging that the max resolution is 1080i. The PS3 also supports the higher res of 1080p so you may not get the best picture quality possible out of this if your telly supports the full 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thats sounds like a missprint to me. I have never heard of a resolution limit for a HDMI cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The cable cannot limit the resolution , also its a digital signal , all signals are digital over HDMI , so the " official " playstation cable is no better than this , it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hope I don't go too far off topic...

On the EGM Live gaming podcast, when talking about the Sony's image problems, they mentioned that not everyone was aware that HDMI cables can be picked up for $12 in (some American retailer). They went on to say (or complain) that Sony, with their buying power, could have provided the HDMI cable with the PS3 and it would only have cost them a fraction of this price. Instead people are going out and spending €70 - €80 on these cables because the don't know any better.

I guess you could check out some sites online if you're unsure of the Lidl cable. Though for €8 you can't go too far wrong as it can always be used as a backup if you later decide to go for a better cable.

Advertisement