Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Joey Jordison joins Korn

• 22-04-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Wow. Should be good, I know Silveria is a good drummer, but Joey Jordison is something else. Should be a good mix!

Playing the european tour dates aswell.

http://www.kornspace.com/main/news.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well this'll be a bit of a walk in the preverbial park for jordison, given his last drumming stint was with ministry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah I saw this on kornspace this morning I cant wait to hear them. it'd be a laugh too if he wore the mask for the first song , or indeed if he did the drum solo on the platform for the first song and then took it off and started doing Korns stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yeah I saw this on kornspace this morning I cant wait to hear them. it'd be a laugh too if he wore the mask for the first song , or indeed if he did the drum solo on the platform for the first song and then took it off and started doing Korns stuff.

Would be nice if they did a Slipknot cover, to pay homage. Duality would be nice!:)

YEah i was thinking that but , i think that would be takling it too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Just got off the phhone to my massive Korn fan friend, delighted just about covers his reaction.

I know I sohuldn't but I really do have a soft spot for Korn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, Jordison is a good metal drummer, but it mostly is a one trick pony IMO. Double bass followed by, wait for it, double bass again. His solos are nothing spectacular. Korn dont use double bass do they? This might make me gain some more respect for him.

Must say though, this opinion could be biased, as I hate Slipknot and Korn. Was quite happy when I heard they werent playing with Metallica, although not really under the circumstances.

Mushy wrote:
    Yeah, Jordison is a good metal drummer, but it mostly is a one trick pony IMO. Double bass followed by, wait for it, double bass again. His solos are nothing spectacular. Korn dont use double bass do they? This might make me gain some more respect for him.

David Silveria does use double bass, just the pedal, no set of bass drums. He doesnt use it as much as Mr. Jordison but throws in quick rolls here and there which is cool.

Since your a Metallica fan, check out Korns version of one. You can hear Silveria's double bass skills. And don't say its crap coz I've had the biggest Metallica fan tell me that it was savage!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmMlMsqjcT4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

^^ Ah yes, that icon show, yeah that is good alright. Prefer the sound of the bass in that actually. That was my first experience of actually seeing double bass up close, when I saw it on tv at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hmmm...this should be interesting. Nothing exciting but definatly interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

What happened to bozzio, was he not filling in?
    I think Joey be cool, Might have to tone it down a wee bit but wil defo fit the bill!!
    Dave is a class drummer and they need a class drummer to sit in. Would love to see the gig!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What happened to bozzio, was he not filling in?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

JD is quoted as saying "Things didnt work out" which to me means they didnt get along as well as hoped. Although Bozzio did do the drumming for the new album.

So did Bozzio ad his own style or did he just play like Silvera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Long time Korn fan so let me add the following.I can't really say if he added his own style, as their last album was very "effects" laden and the drums were barely recognisable in most songs. I hate that album with a passion, and while I understand that Korn wanted to try something different, I think they went too far and just ****ed it up.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the next album goes back to the sound they had on Follow the Leader and Issues.

DarkJager wrote:
    I can't really say if he added his own style, as their last album was very "effects" laden and the drums were barely recognisable in most songs.

He wasn't on the last album though.

DarkJager wrote:
    Long time Korn fan so let me add the following.I can't really say if he added his own style, as their last album was very "effects" laden and the drums were barely recognisable in most songs. I hate that album with a passion, and while I understand that Korn wanted to try something different, I think they went too far and just ****ed it up.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the next album goes back to the sound they had on Follow the Leader and Issues.

Yeah Silveria played on the last album. Not much of a long time Korn fan if ya didnt know that?!

Yeah Bozzio did the drumming for the 8th album but there was no explanation as to why he wasnt going to tour. Saw an interview with Davis and he said that Bozzio is gone "to do his own thing"....whatever that may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Infection_

Nu metal died years ago.

There's a rough mix of a new Korn track up here:

http://www.myspace.com/korn

There's a rough mix of a new Korn track up here:

http://www.myspace.com/korn

The verse is a bit NIN-ish I think and the singing needs to be redone a bit. But that pre chorus bit is class. Should be a good album.

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks KH.

• Advertisement

Heres a video of Joey jamming with Korn.

Its the end of Here to Stay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKoffcezWKw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

To be honest I can't imagine Bozzio in Korn. He'd probably be wasting his time a little given the quality of some of his other groups (Black Light Syndrome, Zappa, Fantomas). That said I used to be well into Korn and I still like some of the stuff a bit. Won VIP passes to the gig in the Point in '02 :)

I really dont like their new song, I think it is quite bad.

Advertisement