Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele washing machine

Options
  • 22-04-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Just bought a Miele washing machine based upon consumer surveys and AAM advice and have the following queries from the instruction manual:

It states that it should not be connected to a water softener and all my water is softened! Why is this and will it really damage the machine?

Does anyone actually run the machine every six weeks on empty to prevent deposits from building up?

The delivery driver took away the transit components - are these strictly necessary when moving the machine?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Hi Yorki,

I am not sure about the connection to a water softener, but I guess it might be related to the reduction in water pressure, which could make the machine's pump work too hard.

In any case, in most of Ireland the water is soft. Have you checked your local county council's website for information?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

the transport bolts only hold the drum tight when on the road, unless you're taking it on your holdidays to westport then theres nothing to worry about

i reckon they dont recommend connecting the machine to a softener because its not direct mains, and a softener if i recall correctly needs to work from a tank which in theory could run empty during heavy use of kitchen taps/ outdoor taps

soft water couldnt be better for a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

JMSE wrote:
    the transport bolts only hold the drum tight when on the road, unless you're taking it on your holdidays to westport then theres nothing to worry about
    ... or moving house maybe? Get on to them and get them back for when you might need them, I say.

Advertisement