Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outline plan and Evaluation of sources(History)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sorry for double posting but does anyone know how long the evaluation of sources should be ?? I Think I can only really manage a few sentences for each source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

3 paragraphs, im sure.

can someone tell me what to write for intened approach, im sure its general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

3 Paragraphs each ?? Or one paragraph each? Also are long paragraphs expected or are short-medium ones ok?

I think what you write for intended approach is where you intend to go to look for information e.g your local library/ bookshop internet. Also dont forget to state what medium you are looking for ,even though it may be obvious, e.g books, video tapes, or just info on webpages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For Evaluation: should be medium to longish(dont go too long, you only have one page in the booklet). Should mention if its a primary source etc. Should mention the bibliography, the index ie. "with detailed notes contained in the excellent index" or "a comprehensive list of sources, which were found in the excellent bibliography". Stuff like that and they'll lap it al lup.

For Outline Plan(Intended Approach part): You your intended approach is to consult information from various sources, then say where ie. the library. Then say something bout making notes, which will make up your extended essay. That should be enough, but if you can say something else that you intend to do, like visiting places, then put it in. Its only a short paragraph aswell.

Remember: if your putting in a quote in the Extended Essay, write the name of the book, and the page number of the quote, in brackets, immediately after the quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Mushy wrote:
    Should mention if its a primary source etc.
    ****!!!!****, ****, ****!!!!How the hell did I forget to mention that?!I'm a ****ing useless historian.And theres no space left in the booklet.**** it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I maybe should have asked what levels people are doing actually? Cos all that is for honours, although I'm pretty sure its the same at Ord., just shorter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Well, considering how fcuked I am for Higher History, I am just going to do pass and get a really high grade:o
    No other subjects freaks me out more than History.

I did my RSR in Honours format(1500 words) as the Ordinary layout is the exact same just shorter(600-800) the outline plan etc is the same.
    It would have been more awkward given the time of year to re-edit it and instead you can submit a Higher RSR even if you do Ordinary on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ADowling

Can you use a personal reason for a reason regarding why you chose the topic? I'm doing mine on the Rural Electrification of Ireland but I've no idea what to put as the reason for doing it other than I found the heading interesting.

Advertisement