Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Echo for people I speak to using my car kit

• 22-04-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone experienced this problem before. When I'm on the phone to people using my car kit, they're complaining of hearing their own voice a second later.

But.. its not happening all the time. I phoned someone yesterday and it was very bad, yet when I called back it was fine.

Has anyone come across the solution to this?

Here's the model thats installed.. Car Kit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Two of the most common problems are:

1) Speaker volume too loud.
    2) position of speaker relative to the microphone. - move the mic in further against the windscreen and try adjusting the speaker position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Two of the most common problems are:

1) Speaker volume too loud.
    2) position of speaker relative to the microphone. - move the mic in further against the windscreen and try adjusting the speaker position.

Yeah but how come when I hang up and try again, its fine.. Very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is there any kind of auto-levelling feature, either on the phone or the kit itself?

This may account for the apparent randomness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

tom dunne wrote:
    Is there any kind of auto-levelling feature, either on the phone or the kit itself?

This may account for the apparent randomness.

Im not sure at all.. I think I'll take a trip in to the fella that installed it and ask.

Trotter wrote:

I often find that when I have a bad quality call in normal handset use, I have to hang up and redial to get a better line. Very odd too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Trotter wrote:

Im having the same problem with my ck-7w that i got installed yesterday.i rang my friend and he said he can hear everything i say after afew seconds (echo)
    Sounds weird, i need to get it checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I notice that when I use a Motorola V3 with a Nokia CK-7W (in 5 different cars, different makes too) the other person can hear thenselves talk. Thtg is on every call. If I use a Nokia or Sony Eriicsson handset then all is OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

with the motorola phone with the nokia kit the prob is the mic location in relation to the speaker as I see this problem weekly best solution is to put the mic on the drivers side a pillar and place the speaker passenger side.

I use to have the ck-7w and had that problem until I decreased the volume to a certain level.

Advertisement