Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT Domain down?

• 22-04-2007 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

I tried to browse the college homepage, and its down, in fact, so are all subdomains as well, including WebCT and SNET. I pinged all 3 DNS servers used by wit.ie, and they are online.. I am guessing there was a problem with netsource.ie, and its going to take a while for the domain to be accesable again.. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

it has been accessible the whole time within the college, i havent check in the last two days from home, if you really want to get to it i think you can search for it in google and click cache pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Actually it was sorted two days after I posted this, it turned out, someone rebooted the DNS servers in the middle of an update, which fracked them up. The network techs sorted it, but it took a while for the domain to be accessable again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

well snet appears to be down anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

All ok here.. o_O

well snet appears to be down anyway.
    SNET will be down for the moment. I brought it home yesterday to do a clean reinstall of the operating system. When I brought it back in, the network port was down. I told the techs in computer services, but they havn't sorted it yet, I will be getting on to them tomorrow to get it sorted.

Apolgies to any inconveniences caused by this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol no problem man. :)

And we are back up as of yesterday, turns out the problem was an incompatibility with the servers network card and the switch.

Advertisement