Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood pellet stove not connected to boiler

Options
  • 22-04-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Im looking at getting a wood pellet stove in place of my open fireplace to heat the living area but not interested in connecting to boiler (I just recently had installed a new gas boiler and the boiler is upstairs anyway).
    Ive read the posts on the boiler but I wondered if anyone had got one for heating of living area only. I have a few questions
    i. Has anyone seen a product that is particularly suitable to inset into the old fireplace area. I would like one that is maybe a few feet off the floor. This might involve bricking over the fireplace and creating another cavity.
    ii. In terms of style Im looking for something that is modern looking maybe with stainless steel or laminate finish. I find many of them very old cottage style.
    iii. Who supplies them. Whos good to install.
    iv. What could I expect to pay including installations.
    v. Do I still need a purpose built storage area for the pellets. I have a garden shed with plenty of space out the back. Would this not suffice.

Thanks.

Advertisement