Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Lite Usage

Options
  • 22-04-2007 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I just got Metro Lite last Monday. It has a 10GB traffic limit but I'm up to 15GB already. I can't find any info on their website about how much any extra usage costs, can anyone tell me? Also, is it possible to upgrade to Metro within my contract period and will the same equipment do? Cheers for any help,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You will be throttled for going over until you drop below the 10GB quota, I think you can buy like an extra 10gb if you are on the metro lite package.

[edit]
    Yep from the FAQ:
    Can I get more than 10GB download limit?
    Yes, for an extra €4.99 per month you can double your allowance from 10Gb to 20Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And yes all Metro uses same equipment.
    I imagine you can upgrade to 8Mbps. But I have found the 3M & 30G cap fine.

FX Meister
    If you are using up your cap on TV programs consider a dish :) If it's Torrants, youor UPLOAD is part of cap and you can adjust the amount of upload & download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cheers for all the info, I am throttled. I wasn't sure if that's what they were doing to me. I'll give them a call in the morning and get another extra 10GB for now and see how I get on. I used a lot on downloading torrents and a decent chunk of my bandwidth went on uploading. I had a load of things I wanted to download this month but don't think I'll be as hard next month. Cheers for the info dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Called them and they will only give me and extra 10GB and no more. I'll just have to take it easy for the rest of the month I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

FX Meister wrote:
    Called them and they will only give me and extra 10GB and no more. I'll just have to take it easy for the rest of the month I guess.
    It's a rolling 30 day limit, not a calender month one.

As long as your last 30days usage doesn't exceed the limit, you're ok.

You might only have to wait a day or two, you can check your stats here - http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement