Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VB Is Gettin' A VOLVO!!!

Options
  • 22-04-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, i'm gettin' my 1st Volvo!
    She's a 740 2.3 auto petrol GLE black on virgo's 110k mls saloon, found it in a scrappy in finglas, the owner was going to keep it for himself i'm picking it up next friday. Now few things
    have no room for it, regretfully have to sell the carina it adverised on adverts.ie fully resprayed, and the insurance??!!:( :( , know anybody that'll quote me??"!"£>:eek: :confused::o:( 20, 1 year and a bit named driving exp and august i'll have 1 years no clams.

thanks

-VB-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The 2.3 will rob you on fuel, the 2.0 is the one to buy, very good on fuel and surprisingly fast for a 2 litre. I've had more of them then I care to remember over the years, nice car but build quality is a bit iffy. Last of the good Volvo's as far as I'm concerned. I had a 760 turbo diesel too and it was incredible until it's VW engine blew up as all of them did.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Ya know i didnt open the door on the car! I was just assuming it was, :o apparentley in 91 the 2.3 wasnt out, must be the 2.0 so, was doing a nixer with a friend of my da's and we had to get a bootlid and tailgate for a rover 400, seen it when we went the 1st time and asked when we went the second time, so paid the deposit, my friend of my da says the car will need **** all and he'll help me do it up nct was out 11/06 so it cant be that far gone.

€150:D

-VB-

2.3 was out in 1988, I had one. You should go for motor traders insurance, I got mine when I was 21 with a provisional drivers license.

How do ya do it?

Do ya not have to have a garage or business to apply?

What kind of bread would we be talkin'?

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi volvoboy,

welcome to the volvo fold. Hope you enjoy the 740 ,you got it at a great price you lucky sod :D . maybe you'll make it to one of the next volvo meets ?.

regards

brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Volvoboy - join date July 2005, first bought a volvo april 2007, thats some planning ahead! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well done VB, you'll have to rent the movie Crazy People now just for the line "Volvo - They're boxy, but they're good!"

HA!

defo up for the next volvo meet bren,

Ive always been VolvoBoy:D

-VB-

Volvoboy wrote:
    How do ya do it?

Do ya not have to have a garage or business to apply?

What kind of bread would we be talkin'?

-VB-
    I didn't have a business when I got mine and I know a couple of people who have the insurance who just have a lot of cars.

Advertisement