Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Empires The conquers LAN

Options
  • 22-04-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey

I have a Two Computers, Laptop and desktop. I have the age of empires installed on two of them and i was wondering can i play a multiplayer game from the two, Or can i go into gamespy using each computer and play?
    My computers are both running of a wireless router... Is there any other alterative to get them to be involved in a multiplayer game?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't see any reason why they shouldnt be able to run on a LAN :)
    Have you even tried it yet ?

Also..i dont know how AOE works, but online through gamespy may be a prob if it causes a Serial Key conflict..in that both are using the same CD Key :eek:

Alternatively you can use a program called Hamachi, which sets up a Virtual Lan through 2+ PC's :)

I do this with Clanmates..when we want to have a LAN of say Company of Heroes:D We all log in to the same hamachi host and then its like were all in the same room and can join and set up lans together :D

I think its http://www.hamachi.cc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭StewieGriffin07

Hey man, Cheers thats great!
    Yeah i did try the lan but the room never showed up... but i think it was the firewall that was a prob..Would that have been it?
    Ill try the link anyway.. Thats class thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Best way is to specify a LAN IP and then to join by TCP/IP, works a charm, or just host an online one, get the IP from him and play off that, used to play AoC and absolute bucket load, great game.

Advertisement