Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger Mini 14??

Options
  • 22-04-2007 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi There!

I currently own a .22 anschutz rifle and am looking to get a .223 rifle as well.

I'd been looking at the Ruger Mini 14 but I don't think they'd be legal in this country due to its barrel length of a mere 22". Would anyone know if this would be a problem or maybe the fact that the magazine as standard will hold 5 rounds?

Many thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Best of luck!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

it think it might be more of a problem it being a semi-auto,correct me if im wrong on this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Barrel length isnt an issue,
    semi auto and evil military calibre are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Get a new type 6.8 cal or a straight pull bolt action version. Dont expect great accuracy from the St pull though.
    Truth be known ..No one really knows if they would be stopped or not.It is still up to your Super and have been semis imported here.So the only to find out is try it..If it was restricted,you would know where you stood and could apply for it,under the VERY good reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

There are some semi-auto fullbore rifles licenced here, so it's not out of the question to get one, but it'd be very dependant on which Garda District you're in.

The wooden furniture should render it less eeeevil in the eyes on those who know best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement