Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practicals

• 22-04-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had there music practical yet?
    I have mine on Friday? Any tips?!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

gee thanks for all the help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They start tomorrow in the school I teach in.

If no-one is in a position to answer your question, then they cannot.
    It is quite possible no boardsies have had their music practical yet.

Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw be patient, it's not an incredibly busy forum you know :)

The practical isn't about being 100% perfect, it's about being able to take what you learned in music class and showing that in your pieces, so performance is everything, if you stumble or forget something just keep going on don't go back and repeat, and it always helps to make eye contact with the examiner while you're performing (though if you're using sheet music make sure you don't get lost!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

My brother's LC one is tomorrow and my JC one is on Thursday. Nothing to worry about really:). What intrument/intruments do you play and are you doing sight reading or clapping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Drummer-OV-

hey...i have mine tomorrow(thursday) dont have all my 4 pieces so im screwed...anyway best of luck in yours!!

• Advertisement

Mine was easy today,I did 2 guitar and 2 piano. the examminer was nice and the clapping was easy, others said the drums and piano sight reading was easytoo and i presume it was easy for other intruments aswell.

I have mine tomorow!
    I'm so nervous
    Im doing 2 group violin(classical) and 2group Tinwhistle(traditional)
    and Im doing sightreading on violin.
    arghh!

cork*girl wrote:
    I have mine tomorow!
    I'm so nervous
    Im doing 2 group violin(classical) and 2group Tinwhistle(traditional)
    and Im doing sightreading on violin.
    arghh!
    How did it go?:)

it went Really well!! I was so nervous about it but then when i was going in i wasnt nervous atall and it went brilliant! I messed the sightreading up but ohwell everything went super and our examner was sooo nice!! woo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Drummer-OV-

holy ****, peter is dat u trogdor???? its geoff.......lol fancy meetin u here....

anyway well done cork*girl i did two drums(rock) and two bodhran(traditional)

• Advertisement

thanks!! woo!

holy ****, peter is dat u trogdor???? its geoff.......lol fancy meetin u here....

anyway well done cork*girl i did two drums(rock) and two bodhran(traditional)
    Lol yeh, howya Geoff, thought it might be you;)
    Well done Cork*Girl, was no need to be nervous then;)

yup!! whoop whoop!!:D ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Happiness is BANNED on this thread in all forms, the Junior Cert is a time of pain and stress, leave your celebrating till September.

JJ, glad it went well for everyone, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

I had mine the other day. It was easy enough. The examiners wwere really nice. I only made a few mistakes in the first peice but then my nerves began to settle down and I played a little better. Got off class too!

Advertisement