Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm Install

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

A pro could charge anywhere from 150-200 euro to fit it.

Central locking could cost anywhere from 60-80 per door including parts (motors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

louie wrote:
    A pro could charge anywhere from 150-200 euro to fit it.

Central locking could cost anywhere from 60-80 per door including parts (motors)

OMG , if those are the prices id rather leave it :)

Does anyone know any cheap place to get it done, or even get parts from.

you'll be lucky if you get someone to fit it. Most business doesn't fit what they don't supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do you really have much faith in a £25 alarm?

Stephen wrote:
    Do you really have much faith in a £25 alarm?
    An alarm is an alarm.I know it wont stop much but it will still go off if someone is messing with the car, i mainly wanted central lockingi thought it comes with the alarm.but it didnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

Don't be laughing at drdre, i have this on my car - http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/1zzzzya/cars/carlock.jpg

smokey2 wrote:
    Don't be laughing at drdre, i have this on my car - http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/1zzzzya/cars/carlock.jpg

heheh:D

lol :)
    That's a good way of protecting your car.

As drdre said an alarm can only do so much. Is more down to the driver to make sure he doesn't leave things visible in the car. Even an empty plastic bag could attract the wrong sort.

louie wrote:
    lol :)
    That's a good way of protecting your car.

As drdre said an alarm can only do so much. Is more down to the driver to make sure he doesn't leave things visible in the car. Even an empty plastic bag could attract the wrong sort.

Yeah all i really want is an alarm and central locking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Maplins sell cheap central locking kits, shouldn't be too hard to fit yourself.

• Advertisement

blastman wrote:
    Maplins sell cheap central locking kits, shouldn't be too hard to fit yourself.

right i will check it out.or i might pop up to halfords.

I'm in this boat now as the alarm I wanted (Toad ai606) didn't appear to be available in Ireland. I've bought one from the UK and would like someone who knows what they're doing to fit it, as the alarm is Thatcham Cat1 rated and it would be a shame to spoil it with a bodged install. Any recommendations welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any half decent auto spark should be able to fit a car alarm for you.

I know, but I don't know any. That's why I'm asking.

id love to get mine fitted.does anyone know who can do it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

@Blastman,where in the country are you?

The problem with them ebay spec alarms is no installer can offer you a guarantee on it going bust,they could fit it and two days later it goes bang thru none of there fault but your going to be on there case about it.

For future id steer clear of buying alarms off the net unless your confident enough to do a diy because most reputable installers wont take on the job or if they do it'l work out costing more than buying here

eireal wrote:
    @Blastman,where in the country are you?

The problem with them ebay spec alarms is no installer can offer you a guarantee on it going bust,they could fit it and two days later it goes bang thru none of there fault but your going to be on there case about it.

For future id steer clear of buying alarms off the net unless your confident enough to do a diy because most reputable installers wont take on the job or if they do it'l work out costing more than buying here

can you fit my one for me? Its this one. Also how much is central locking for the drivers side and passanger side doors
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LCD-CAR-ALARM-IMMOBILISER-PASSAT-BEETLE-BORA-GOLF-POLO_W0QQitemZ230119046048QQihZ013QQcategoryZ75329QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

central locking kits are 37 euro in Maplins. kit consists of two rear motors, two front motors with switches. and all necessary wiring.

I've fitted a few of them, and they're still working! it's actually an easy enough job if you're handy with cars.

locking works off both front doors, so if either front door is locked or unlocked all doors do the same.

There is also pulse inputs for an alarm to lock and unlock.

colm_mcm wrote:
    central locking kits are 37 euro in Maplins. kit consists of two rear motors, two front motors with switches. and all necessary wiring.

I've fitted a few of them, and they're still working! it's actually an easy enough job if you're handy with cars.

locking works off both front doors, so if either front door is locked or unlocked all doors do the same.

There is also pulse inputs for an alarm to lock and unlock.

Might just get this kit then, will it work with the alarm i have stated above. Would you like to fit my centrol locking kit, when i get it :)

it should work with any alarm.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    it should work with any alarm.
    Do you know the mobel number for the centrol lock equipment,Thanks

drdre wrote:
    can you fit my one for me? Its this one. Also how much is central locking for the drivers side and passanger side doors
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LCD-CAR-ALARM-IMMOBILISER-PASSAT-BEETLE-BORA-GOLF-POLO_W0QQitemZ230119046048QQihZ013QQcategoryZ75329QQcmdZViewItem

Tbh i wouldnt touch anything i couldnt offer a warranty or guarantee with.

The C/l kit will work off your alarm,its just a matter of hooking its outputs to the kits control unit,wiring wise its easy the only fiddly part can be mounting the actuators in a good spot

eireal wrote:
    The C/l kit will work off your alarm,its just a matter of hooking its outputs to the kits control unit,wiring wise its easy the only fiddly part can be mounting the actuators in a good spot

tricky bits I found were getting the rods shaped in such a way that they wouldn't bend out of shape when the actuators moved, while at the same time avoiding obstacles in the door.

Haven't tried fitting aftermarket electric windows to anything yet. must try it sometime for the craic.

can that central locking kit be bought in halfords.

Is this the one
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=12303&criteria=central%20locking%20kit&doy=11m5

But i have a 2 door car and the boot.

colm_mcm wrote:
    tricky bits I found were getting the rods shaped in such a way that they wouldn't bend out of shape when the actuators moved, while at the same time avoiding obstacles in the door.

What can be a bitch too is you think you have it in fine and then roll down the window to find the actuator in the way,meh!

Thats the kit you need Dre,never seen one in halfords before though

eireal wrote:
    What can be a bitch too is you think you have it in fine and then roll down the window to find the actuator in the way,meh!

Thats the kit you need Dre,never seen one in halfords before though

Ok i will get that next week.now the only issue is can i get the alarm and central locking installed.Do you know anyone.I just need it workin dont really need a warranty as i think it should work.

Advertisement