Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Worlds Greatest Tag Team

• 22-04-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

...and Im not on about Benjamin and Haas, I am talking about the greatness that is The Briscoes. These guys are just putting one stellar match after another on every time. I cannot actually think of a poor match they have been involved in. At the moment, quite simply, there is no better team out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL9rEw9lecc

If you need to be convinced, see their match Vs Austin Aries & Roderick Strong and Vs Kings Of Wrestling.

Anyway, anyone else here ahve love for the two toughest mfers to come out of Delaware?

Man up!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't know what I can say about them. They're amazing. I've always been a fan of tag team wrestling, but it's been largely ignored in the last ten years. The Briscoes are a joy to watch though

That shooting star press Mark took to the floor during ROH's All Star Extravaganza last month looked real bad. He was in hospital for about a week with a severe concussion. But when it happened, he wanted to continue with the match. If that isn't manning up, I don't know what is!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Its a crying shame WWE cant see that and keep their tag division stagnant as hell :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Its a crying shame WWE cant see that and keep their tag division stagnant as hell :mad:

I agree, i cant understand why wwe are like that. when for example was the last time we saw the highlanders on raw,( by the way cade and murdoch are my favourite rag team in wwe right now) wwe keep making single guys match up for a short time---rated RKO / carlito & flair.
    why cant they use the tag teams they have.
    I dont care if these guys are not as good as the team in gimmick's footage, as i have said many times in here i watch wwe for the show, the bright lights, the fantastic divas (with a nice bit of cleavage, very nice), glamour and most of all, the humour, something to make me laugh.

Great footage gimmick.

Cade and Murdoch are a fantastic tag team. Criminally underutilised. Murdoch is great on the mic, you can check WWE.com for the videos of his film reviews and the tour of his house on wheels. Murdoch is the current WLW Heavyweight Champ, and Harley Race runs WLW, so you can be sure that Murdoch can wrestle. I'd love to see them outside the restrictions of WWE

They're not quite on the level of the Briscoes though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've seen some of their matches on Youtube and I liked them. Same with Irish Airborne.

But I feel London and Kendrick are the best tag team in the world though at this point in time. They've had some beautiful matches. Can you imagine how Smackdown's tag division would have been without them there? I shudder to think.

• Advertisement

I've seen some of their matches on Youtube and I liked them. Same with Irish Airborne.

Out of interest, do you know if the matches you saw were recent? They were in ROH when it started up, and they were excellent, but then they took over a year's break from wrestling in 2004. They came back to ROH last year and since then they've been better than ever

London and Kendrick would be the best tag team in WWE at the moment. They just don't get any sort of push either. They were constantly losing when they were tag champs. I'd love to see those two against the Briscoes. The Briscoes are a good 5 or 6 years younger than London and Kendrick too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Londrick Vs The Briscoes would be an insane match. That said, I really hope the Briscoes dont go anywhere near TNA/WWE for a few years yet. At the moment, they are making an impact in NOAH, and are about the hottest team on the US indy scene.

Great to see Mark back from that injury so quickly. He did a run in at the last event and took a few sick bumps to the neck, sold them well and in the process has probably helped start a fued between The Briscoes and Steen/Generico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

This is what really annoyed me about WWE programming

Granted they have their flagsip programmes - Smackdown and RAW - but they also used to have Heat, etc - which would have been used to have decent matches, and let the under card shine - but nooo all you got was two matches and Kevin "i cant commentate" Kelly blathering on about what happened on Raw/Smackdown :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Eventually, like 2-3 years down the line I want to see the Briscoes in WWE. They should get over on their ability alone, but their lack of a promo skill (Jay tries to put something across in an interview, but gets interrupted by Mark sayin "Man Up" over and over) could hole them back. A tag division with them, Londrick, WGTT, Cade & Murdock, Hardys etc would be awesome.
    I think it was the man who should be Mod (:p), Kenton Bomb, mentioned in another thread about unifying the titles. While this is a terrible idea overall, it makes alot of sense for the tag division. There is no point in having a few good teams on either show with garbage like the Highlanders and Cryme Time filling the gaps.
    Anyway, thank god for the Briscoes. They really elevated ROH upon their return last year, around the time the CZW feud was going on. Id say of the top 10 matches in ROH last year the Briscoes were in half of them; Sydal and Styles, Aries and Strong, Kings of Wrestling, Sydal and Richards and Joe and Homicide. A feud with Steen and Generico just has greatness written all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Out of interest, do you know if the matches you saw were recent? They were in ROH when it started up, and they were excellent, but then they took over a year's break from wrestling in 2004. They came back to ROH last year and since then they've been better than ever.

I think they were recent but I'm not sure. What would generally be regarded as their best match thus far?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

That was the first time I've heard of them but the clip was brilliant. Have they done anything more commercial than ROH in the past?

I think they were recent but I'm not sure. What would generally be regarded as their best match thus far?

I'd say the match against Aries and Strong at Unified. Being sat in the front row for it did no harm whatsoever! That being said, the Kings of Wrestling match at Final Battle is just incredible.
    They had a cool series with AJ Styles and the Amazing Red back in 2003, with one classic at Epic Encounter if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As Double C pointed out, those matches are great, but soon enough 5YF Finale where they face off against each other is one of the best matches I have ever seen. Ever.

They had a crazy match at Glory By Honor Night 1 vs Marifuji & Kenta. At Fight Of The Century they were involved in a decent 4 team match. **** it, all their matches are good.
    Bubs101 wrote:
    That was the first time I've heard of them but the clip was brilliant. Have they done anything more commercial than ROH in the past?

Well they are both in their early 20s, but they have been GHC Tag Champs in Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan (must see those matches myself, I hear the one Vs Marvin & Suzuki is off the chain, see the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6zpPVekrmY ).

Thanks for that link gimmick, I've heard nothing but good about that match!

With all the hype given to The Briscoe's match against Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, the Kings of Wrestling, I thought I should upload it for those unfortunate enough not to have seen it. Again, the file sizes are pretty big (100mb each part) but its well worth it, I promise. Enjoy!
    Part 1
    Part 2

Advertisement