Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pull & Bear.....

Options
  • 22-04-2007 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

...is CLOSED as of yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! I went there yesterday and saw the notice.God damnit! That is my favourite clothes shop in Cork.Now I have to go to Dublin for Pull & Bear.But on the brightside I was the last person to buy something there.

*breaks down and shouts why god why*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

theres a pull and bear in galway too, jsut so you now.

*shakes hand*

sorry for your troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Surprising... Thought that place was doing good... Although i reckon i wouldn't have benefited with Debenhams moving in, different crowd shop in there than in roches... Pity, liked that shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Yeah it was doing well but I bet evil Debenhams made them shut down so they could expand the floor area to compensate for their lacklustre store!Seriously though it is really crap.There is already one at Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

I just discovered this out today when I walked in and noticed it had been hoarded up. Good to see that Debenhams has suceeded in completely blanding up Roches Stores!
    I am very disappointed that they got rid of Pull and Bear. They will want they space to sell their own brand crap... i mean stuff! Pull and Bear was the only thing that drew me in there, now I won't bother darkening the doors a the place!
    It is very likely that Pull and Bear will open up their own store in Cork, especially if towns like Sligo and Drogheda have their own stores, but what are we supposed to do in the meantime! Are we goina hav 2 wait until Cornmarket Centre opens or Academy Street to have access to reasonably priced clothes!
    Its really annoying me though that Debenhams seem to making a balls of the Patrick Street Store! We dont want ur bland Middle-England sameness!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Yea I can imagine Dr. Evil sitting at the board room of Debenhams Ireland plotting new ways to suck the life out of their stores for people. "who wants t-shirts and hoodies... give them more Farah slacks and golf jumpers. Thats all these Irish are good for!"
    I think not, down with the bland, down with the boring, down with Debenhams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 missfrilly

:mad: Debenhams is horrific. their merchandising is shoddy and bland the floor is filthy the layout is all over the place its constantly messy the staff seem miserable . there is no atmosphere in the store at all.no music playing the lighting is bad and the "designer" stuff is nothing more unique than what you can pick up in a wear or pennys. next left pull and bear left. I would say topman will follow soon. the whole of merchants quay is gone to the dogs. loads of places are pulling out.
    Personally I think many of the concessions like top shop/ toman and miss selfridge would be better served having their own independant stores. I overheard some of the managers discussing the arrival of g-star jeans to the 1st floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

It would seem that Debenham's are in a bit of a hole!

Last week they issued their third profit warning since December. Shares are down 25% from last year ( from 200p to 150p ).
    They have reported a loss on trading in their nine former Roches Stores outlets of £1.3m., which they bought for £29m last year. They're in deep doo.

This is where it gets surreal ............... to boost profitability they have signalled their intention to upwardly re-negotiate their concession fees charged to in-store independent operators like Oasis, Warehouse, Evans etc.

So, it's not rocket science to predict that other concession operators will be following Pull and Bear out the Debenhams door fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

They're too good for Debenhams anyways!I HATE THEM! I JUST HATE THEM!!! *snaps pencil*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thats a balls bout pull and bear i liked their jeans and cheaper shoes. the layout of debenhams in city is terrible not a big fan of it myself.the only thing that would draw me into m.quay these days is faith and topshop i agree with another poster if they had independent shops they would do much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Debbenhams is a very bland chain of department stores and certainly lacks the flair that Roches Stores had. They at least had some interesting stuff and a much brighter store layout too.

The two largest Roches outlets i.e. Patrick's Street in Cork and Henry Street in Dublin are now depressingly bland. They were really nice stores before Debenhams took over the retail space (as you know Roches still own the buildings Debenhams are just a tennant)

I just find that they represent everything that is bland and the worst of British high street retail. There's little or no interesting stuff and the designers @ debenhams ranges are really boring.

Their UK operation is apparently floundering badly at the moment and seems to be way off the mark when it comes to what people actually want. They're kind of in the position that M&S was a few years ago i.e. bland, stuck in the mud and lacking vision.

It's a shame really that Roches' operations weren't taken over by a non UK chain. The likes of El Corte Ingles or one of the French chains would have been an interesting addition to Pana and Henry Street! But Debenhams is just like magnolia paint!

Retail space in Cork city centre has been very tight and will remain so until the big O'Callaghan development is finished. So, I'd say you'll see a huge number of stores that had a presence in Roches appearing in their own right elsewhere.
    Debenhams is definitely unlikely to keep anything that doesn't fit their usual UK model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement