Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving I-Tunes

• 22-04-2007 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

I need to move my Itunes from one pc to another and maintain the library, I dont want to loose my IPod, I dont store any music on the pc I need to move itunes from just the libary ( all music is stored on a network drive) does anyone know how to do this??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

:rolleyes: eh, copy & paste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've found this only works if your music is in the same location on both machines - i.e. you'd have to map them under the same drive letter/path.

If you copy the contents of <drive>\documents and settings\<username>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\ to the same location on the other PC once it has iTunes installed you should be ok. This does NOT work going from XP to Vista, only XP to XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

Hi I have tried copying all the data from local settings and also app data, after just installing it new on my new laptop, and it hasnt worked, I have also ran the export library option and re imorted this onto the new laptop and still no joy

Can anyone else help?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

MY Documents - My Music - iTunes.

Copy that iTunes folder which contains the Library, iTunes Music, Artwork and iTunes music library to a DVD or ext HDD.

Copy that back to the same location on your other computer.

If you keep your stuff where it should be then this will work a dream.

You can do this across a network if you have your machines attached...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

do you have a home network? if so
    download ourtunes (its free), its a java app and should run grand on any machine.

setup itunes on your new machine and run ourtunes and select your destination itunes music directory.

then run itunes on your old machine and enable music sharing.

back to the new computer now and your old computer should popup in ourtunes, select all your music and select download.

it'll take time depending on the size of your library,
    finally when its done open itunes in your new computer and import the folder of music that was downloaded to your computer.

i only use mac, and it has worked for me in the past,
    not sure about pc though, hope it works for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement