Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venting to garage

Options
  • 22-04-2007 10:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

getting in a new kitchen, and the kitchen shop said it was ok to have the cooker vent venting into the garrage. Is this true? Could you see any problems with this? The garage doesn't have any connection with the rest of the house. No inside door or anything.

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I imagine it would depend on how well the garage itself is vented.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Hugh McManus

Mine vents into the garage.

You can smell what's cookin' when you're out there, but so what?

Mind you, my garage is an old one with a lot of drafts and all that, and we just use it for storing tools, bikes, and crap we should have thrown out, etc. If your garage is cosy, draft proof, (posh, basically) you mightn't want to blow your kitchen fumes into it the whole time.

Anyway, when I did mine, I was planning that if it didn't work out, I'd just continue the ducting through the garage into the outside world. I haven't bothered, and probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I wouldn't, that's my 0.02, as they say...........who wants a smelly garage? Just continue duct to outside.

Or, take duct above you kitchen units to an oustide wall directly. It's no more work, really.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

might it attract some investigative furry creatures in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭jdpl28

That's what i'm worried about. Can't duct it to the outside unfortunately. No access from where I'm planning on putting my cooker. It is an old drafty garrage though. Might look into ducting it through the garrage to the front.

thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jdpl28 wrote:
    Might look into ducting it through the garrage to the front.

thanks anyway!
    thats what I would do if its possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

My other worry would be that the condensation point will vary in the garage from time to time, meaning that if you are blowing in water-laden air, it will condense on tools and fittings and cause rust and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Also a fire hazard?
    From experience the expelled air will be laden with grease which will soak into anything you are storing in the garage...

Advertisement