Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying a new seat leon ... what colour!

Options
  • 22-04-2007 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm buying a new car. Ive decided on a new 1.6 seat leon s spec with sport up package extra. The only thing I'm wondering about now is colour. I'm between two at the moment. But I'm open to people who know and have seen others that they think look well in 'real life'.
    I'm between the black and emocion red.. Any opinions ? I can get a red immediately or wait a little bit and get the black. I figure the red/black of the sport up seats will offset these two colours well..... any opinions ? I know its a subjective thing... all the same I'd value some opinions.

thanks

agent_smith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd wait and go for the black. I've never been a real fan of red. I imagine that a black car will be somewhat easier to shift on when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Black. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Red, black Leons are ten a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Red for me too. Black is much harder to keep and best left on cars with bland styling or design flaws.

Zenith (dark) Grey might also be an option. Darker Greys are very understated, the new Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you like washing your car every second day then go for black. Also every swirl and scratch are very visable on dark colours.

Saying that the new Leon looks nice in black and hides it's mpvish profile.

Every second new car on the road I see seems to be black, it seems to have replaced silver as the most popular colour these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

MPVish ?!?!?!? Really? Im very surprised to hear you describe it like that. I think it looks very alfa hatchback like. A very sporty hatch look to it. I was looking at the A3 and Golf too because I like the drive from these cars and the styling. My favorite (style wise ignoring price) in this class of car is easily the leon. I'd call the new ford focus more mpv like than the leon! Horses for courses though I suppose! I think the new Mazdas look cheap and nasty on the roads and thousands disagree with me!
    Back to the colour.. I haven't seen too many of the new leon's about the place yet, the ones i have seen though have been black. They look lovely but like you say show the dirt. Ive seen a light blue too.. this made the car look a bit boring.. isn't it amazing the way a colour can affect the styling of a car. The red looks stunning and is easily my favorite of the bunch. What does put me off though is that it isn't metallic. This would mean it would fade much quicker and would loose its nice shiney look and would start to look dull/faded within a year ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I would plum for the red. The colour will hold fine as long as you apply a decent wax every 3 months or so. Go for every 6 weeks if you want it looking pristine all the time. I use Zymol car shampoo & Cleaner wax on my red car, it's 11 years old and still looks like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I have a red Altea and even though black would have been my pref the red really sets the car off. I think bazz is getting mixed up with the leon and altea, the altea would be more of an MPV than the leon, the leon looks really low. Red seems to look clean longer also. Zenith grey dosent suit the new leon as much as the mk1. Thought about candy white.??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Yes, he is confusing the Leon with the taller Altea, which is a bit mumsie. The badly faded reds you are thinking of are usually the older type single stage paints without any clear coats. As the pigments in red paints tend to lead to fading that bit quicker, you are better putting a sealant on instead of a wax, it will last a lot longer. The Zymol one sold in Ireland (really made by Turtle Wax) is a cleaner wax so its protection is very short lived.

Back to colour, I myself also like the Lluvia Blue on the Leon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Ahem sorry.. mumsie .. daddy cool is the expression your looking for. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Go with Red.It's looks really well.Black as mentioned is terribly hard to keep clean but looks really well when clean

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe I am confusing the Leon with the Altea or is it the Toledo. They all seem to have very similar styling imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I have a MK1 Leon in emocion red. Fantastic colour, easily the best in the Seat spectrum ;):D

Definitely emocion red (a few dodgy Seat off red shades, steer well clear, paint looks dull)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

My choice would be
    1. Crono Yellow
    2. Emocion Red
    3. Ruby Red

Saw a crackin looking one today in a really dark grey. It looked more shiney than the black (according to the missus!) but looked real slick. It had red brake disc calipers which really offset the dark colour. I spose it would look slick on the black too.
    Im very tempted now by the dark grey. Looks incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Thought about candy white.??

Have to say, white seems to look sweet in some of the new hatchback models. I seen a new white astra recently and i was really impressed!! It stands out nicely from the usual black/silver safe colours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

ando wrote:
    Have to say, white seems to look sweet in some of the new hatchback models. I seen a new white astra recently and i was really impressed!! It stands out nicely from the usual black/silver safe colours

Agree. Nice to see it come back. Seen a couple of white new gti's knocking about. Looks bad when dirty though and with our weather thats a serious problem imo.

White is nice in some cars. The problem though is that it makes some cars look too 'boy racery' IMHO. I agree it looks crackin on the golf gti. But by and large you dont see stock privately owned cars with a 07 reg plate!

Advertisement