Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside water pipe

Options
  • 22-04-2007 10:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm running a water supply out to an outhouse. It won't be running underground. Should I be putting in insulation on the pipe to stop it freezing, or should I use a certain type of pipe? Also putting in a washing machine in the out house. Should it be insulated or anything? Will I have problems with it during the cold weather?

The out house is an old concrete building that used to house an outside toilet.

thanks,
    J

Comments

It's better to bury the pipe as it will have standing water in it most of the time and in a long cold spell it'll freeze eventually, no matter how good the insulation is, believe me i know :(

Insulate all the pipes in the outhouse as well as it's likely to get below freezing in there on the odd night.

Advertisement