Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

areas in cork

Options
  • 22-04-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all, just wondering if grange is in douglas or a seperate area. having a bit of a debate with a friend from the region!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Grange is an area within Douglas, which is a suburb of Cork.

http://www.corkcity.ie/maps/maps/69.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Always thought it was seperate, based on parishes...

Douglas is 1 parish, Frankfield/Grange is another... (although i am open to correction...)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Cork County Council consider Douglas West as part of the Grange parish. If you look at An Bord Pleanala website at

http://www.pleanala.ie/allnew090104.html

and search for Grange, you'll see an address Douglas West, Grange, Co. Cork. This is standard on all planning issues with Cork County Council. Cork City Council may have a different view entirely, but this part of Douglas is in County Cork for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

rochestown, grange and donnybrook are all parts of douglas which the church subdivided into four parishes some years back.

Balmed Out wrote:
    rochestown, grange and donnybrook are all parts of douglas which the church subdivided into four parishes some years back.

Depends what part of Rochestown... Douglas parish has most of Rochestown, down to just before the Rochestown Inn... Anything after the river by the inn is in the parish of Passage West... I know it's not quite relevant to Grange but hey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

dulpit wrote:
    Depends what part of Rochestown... Douglas parish has most of Rochestown, down to just before the Rochestown Inn... Anything after the river by the inn is in the parish of Passage West... I know it's not quite relevant to Grange but hey...

since when is anything after the rochestown inn considered part of rochestown?

Balmed Out wrote:
    since when is anything after the rochestown inn considered part of rochestown?

Forever? Rochestown goes up the monestary hill and back a bit, and down about 2 miles after the inn towards passage... TBH what most people think of as Rochestown (i.e. by the Rochestown Park Hotel) is actually rochestown road, which is as good as douglas...

Advertisement