Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tues April 24th 20:00 - St. Judes

Options
  • 22-04-2007 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Tues April 24th 20:00 St. Judes -v- Inter Yeraulwan

So who'll be there - I'm in anyway(1)

Wanna lift from Sandyford Des???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'm in, that's 2. Keep a count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bugs90 wrote:
    Wanna lift from Sandyford Des???
    Yes please.

Same place?

What time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

I'll be there. 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there. That's 4.

Carl (keeper) will be there = 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

I'll be there to make it 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

seansouth wrote:
    Yes please.

Same place?

What time?

No worries -same place , 7.15!

Sweet.

I'll ring you beforehand to remind you again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'll be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Will try to be there.

What's the story with training - nobody bothers?

Cheers,

Mikie.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ill be there - 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I shall be there

Eight O'Clock Kick Off lads.

Be there half seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

I'll be there, i think the way to go from now on though is to assume that everyone will be there, unless they state otherwise on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bootsy Collins

Won't be able to make it this evening gents.

Best of luck with the game.

Bernie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im missing this game lads, working in london this week,

best of luck!

des let me know how ye get on please?

Ed

I make it 14 on the thread and Enda and Lepo both said in the training thread they'd be there tonight so I make it 16 players.

Who is Wobbler - Colm Field? Any sign of Craig and Gary?

I think we should assume that people are not gonna be there until we hear from them that they will be there - last season shows thats the smartest way to approach it. So we should agree at the match that if you don't have regular web access you text Des saying you will or won't be there, and Des can then update the thread on your behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Who is Wobbler - Colm Field? QUOTE]

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

hey lads,

I thought I would be back for this match, but my foot shows no sign of healing. Its a pain in the hole tbh. been around 5 weeks now. dying to get back into it.

I would go to watch and support but im still flat out with college work, my dissertation is due in next tues so ill be at the next game injured or not.

Good luck in the game

Who is Wobbler - Colm Field? Any sign of Craig and Gary?
    Gary told me he won't be there.

Craig is usually dependable anyway, he should be there.

By my count that's 14-15-16 including Geoff-Craig-Russell who don't post here.

I was speaking with Geoff last night, and he seemed very chesty, but he'll be out one way or the other he said.

Ho-hum. It's nice to be able to try pick a team earlier than twenty minutes before kick off.

Any of you guys going tonight driving through town? If not no worries :)

Will be there for sure lads.

Cheers,

Mikie.

PS. Lobo - if you want lift.

Des one question.

If we are losing by 4 - 0 Is it unreasonable of me or any sub to expect a game?

Hard luck lads - We deserved a better result than 7 - 0.

Cheers,

Mikie.

Mikie - we've been through this before and a public forum is not the place to air a grievance in that manner. This should be done either by private message to Des or, preferably, in person. There should be no more posts on this or related matters in this forum - that's not in anyway suggesting that you do or don't have a legitmate grievance, it's just we agreed in the past this is how we'd handle it.

We were nothing short of woeful last night - when we lose 7-0 and our goalkeeper was arguably one of our best players, that means we were terrible. First half we sat far too deep and invited them onto us like we were defending a lead. We’ve done this time and time again and I’m not sure if its down to confidence, defensive attitude, or a lack of pace in the defence, but it really does need to change as it’s the root of most of our problems – when we do win it it’s in pressured areas and we’ve no time to play it out of defence. This also means the opposition have plenty of time to play it out of defence as we’re all camped in our half. So in the first half it was our setup that was flawed – it meant we were always just hoofing the ball out of defence.

Second half we made a conscious effort to push up, and going forward at least we looked a far better team. We actually strung some nice passes together and posed some form of threat. Unfortunately, the defence got torn to shreds due to some poor positioning, weak tackling, and in no small part due to misplaced passes from those of us in attack letting the opposition turn defence into attack very quickly. I really should have levelled it at 1-0 down, but apart from that the number of clearcut chances we had was very low, and we lacked purpose at set pieces. It’s hard to take positives, but if we focus on pressing the opposition like we did at the start of the second half we’ll get more go-forward ball and if we get more organised in defence we’ll be able to really take the game to the opposition.

The fact we have to change half the team each week due to regular drop-outs is killing us, particularly in defence so if it’s a 50-50 call lads do your best to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Eeeek! Sounded like a bad game. Hard to believe considering we played so well at the last game. I'm with Mikie on that. Guess maybe talk about it at training. Speaking of which, I hope we get a better turnout this week.

I let Des know yesterday. I had to pull out due to a pretty bad headache. Thought it was turning into a migrane so I just went straight to bed when I got home.

• Advertisement

We were 2-0 down at half time. Early in the 2nd half I missed a very good chance from a nice little dink over the defence from Jules that would have made it 2-1, was kicking myself after that.

Thought we were taking it to them in the second half and had a decent chance of levelling the score. Not sure what went wrong. We seemed to be caught several times on counterattack with not enough players to mark theirs which led to a few of the goals. They did score I think 2 in the second half that were out and out good goals (eg the cross and header one was spot on) but the other 3 were our fault I think. What can we do to stop those while we are pushing up trying to chase a lead?

I do agree with Jules on the 1st half thing where we were positioned very defensively which really gives the opposition an edge.

One thing I didn't like from the whole game was that so many of our passes were up in the air and almost always led to the ball been given away. I think we really need to focus on passing it around to feet, keeping possession that way and working it up the pitch. Thoughts?

Advertisement