Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Count the Politicians

• 23-04-2007 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

How many elecitioneers did you have today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dun na nGal

Don't know if I'm even that interested but the first to my door is fianna fial, wanting to make sure that everyone who can vote is registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

No-one yet:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

thrill wrote:

Same here, but as they already know how I vote. I am not expecting any. ;)

P. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dun na nGal

thrill wrote:
    Well Said!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

i've been out of the house alot over the last week, but everytime i come back there's a new flyer in the letterbox.
    3 of them from Niall Blaney (but i liked the little note pad, i've got it infront of the computer, but i just right on the back. sorry Niall):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

None. And I don't expect many either. They know better. They don't like being asked questions about government policy instead of "when's my road going to be tarred?" or "where am I on the list for house/grant/treatment...etc.". The average canvasser is just someone elses lapdog and has no place trying to sway someones vote in a general election.
    And if anyone's vote is cast on what your average canvasser tells them, we should really consider restricting the mandate again.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

what would be a good question to ask them, just to see them sweat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

ctc_celtic wrote:

Have you met Cujo?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Heh, I got that notepad too, at least something handy has been posted through the door.

Got a SF pamphlet put through the door this evening.

Nobody has knocked yet though (probably a good thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nobody's knocked on my door yet. Probably because the alsation is running around.

If they waited till she was cooking the dinner they might have better luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Thankfully nobody yet and not a single one of those cars with loudspeakers yet either... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

ctc_celtic wrote:

I like asking why the government overspends two and three times on projects, and if that overspending was stopped, what else could we have had for the wasted money. Hospitals, schools, stadium, water, a toilet ffs. It's into the billions at this stage. How come the tender process works differently for everyone else. If you or I put in a tender that turns out to be too low, we take the hit. If you're building a road, you just go back and ask for more money until a €200million ends up costing the tax payer €600million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I haven't heard a thing from any of them yet. Seems they're just waiting for Bertie to call the election, then things will probably speed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

if this site is anything to go by dont expect to be seeing them soon

http://www.nyci.54degrees.com/viewrating.php?UID=19&func=2&constituency=10&Submit2=Next+%3E
    mind you i've never had the politicians at my house in 10 years but we are at the end of a long drive had canvassers but never actual politicians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

i've never had the politicians at my house in 10 years but we are at the end of a log drive
    Ah sure its no wonder you dont see them. They'd wreck their nice cars :D

Advertisement