Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Card cooling

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

My 6800GT card seems to over heat alot going up to 110C ish usually before it crashes. So I bought myself a unit for extracting the air out of the pc and a case fan. My question is which way should I have the air flow of the case fan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Whats the current setup of the fans on your case?? Normally you would have your intake fan/s at the front, and exhaust at the top/sides/rear. But it really depends on what your setup is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I have the both of them at the back of the pc. I did notice I could put a fan at the front of the case although the front is covered and cant be removed. The exhaust one goes into a pci slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You need to look at getting a replacement fan for your 6800GT first before you start adding case fans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

DingDong wrote:
    My 6800GT card seems to over heat alot going up to 110C ish usually before it crashes. So I bought myself a unit for extracting the air out of the pc and a case fan. My question is which way should I have the air flow of the case fan?
    Recommend you have all the fans at the back pulling air out.

The air will make its way in all over the place, giving a good flow through the whole case.

If you had 2 fans at the back, one pulling air in and the other blowing it out, you'd just get the same air circling between the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Thanks everyone.
    I have been thining about upgrading the card I have it about 2 years nearly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement