Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cats digging up front garden

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks have a strange one here. my front drive has some nice shrubs planted and tree bark on the ground, looks real nice... lately i have noticed bark scattered round my drive........ which makes me think

a neighbour has cats a few doors up and i see them sitting around in the mornings and evenings....

i guess that they are digging and scattering the bark, and leaving little minefields for me...

i have CCTV setup and awaiting catching the culprits on camera.

how do i sort this? if i ring the dog warden will he come and take the animals away? surely people have to be responsible for their pets and not let them wander around, uncontrolled?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

You could try planting garlic in various places around the shrubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

It could be a fox so keep an open mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emma27

obviously you have never owned an animal. cats are not like dogs. you cant keep them in and take them out on a lead whenever needs be. The owner has to let them out a few times a day. I wouldnt be going and saying their irresponsible. and why on earth would you call the pound over a bit of bark on your driveway?? think how their owners would feel? if it is the cats they are either playing or they could be sharpening their nails which is in their nature to do so. A bit of jays fluid around your garden and they wont come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 animalhelper

i would advise you use "get off" jelly crystals,
    they dont come near your plants then.
    cats are allowed out on thier own,
    they are very independent and you certainly shouldnt call the pound,
    there is no need too,
    i would never call the pound anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

what_car wrote:
    how do i sort this? if i ring the dog warden will he come and take the animals away?

I'm afraid the answer to that is in the name, DOG warden ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement