Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty modded xbox

Options
  • 23-04-2007 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Tried google but just gave me forum posts with no real answers, if someone here could give me a tip, please do. I hav an xbox modded with a spider chip[i think?? - didn do it myself] along with a standard 2000/250GB drive.

worked fine for the last 8 months or so, but the HD clicked every now and again for a few days, then it would go through a process of 'reloading the library' and then it was fine, but it would repeat this every few weeks. but a week ago, i turned it on and it gave me this;

"Service required. Call customer support" along with the number '07' in the top corner.

From the sounds of the HD i'm quite certain its just given up, but any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I cant really help but the 07 is an error number. A full list of error numbers here

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-12.html

Service Error 07
    Info: Harddisk timeout.
    Solution: Check the IDE Connection/Cable and check the Power Supply.
    Related topic(s) on X111.com: "XBox: Service Error 07" , "XBox: Did I fry my HDD? (SE07)"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sounds to me like the HDD has given up the ghost. The clicks of death were a warning. Seeing as you have a modchip you should be able to drop in another IDE HDD without any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 corc

i would agree on the hard disk issue as long as you have the correct software to format a new harddrive and install the required apps or whatever you may need. Just wondering if you HDD is still clicking or making any sound right now?

IF it sounds ok there could be a problem with the installation of the chip. not sure what the chip is you installed and if its soldered or solder free but i know if it does somhow come away from the motherboard it will not work.

Try replacing your original HDD drive and see if you can get a backup to run with that installed. If this works then def issue with HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Whats the largest IDE drive you can use? Just a quick noob question i thought i'd throw in. I have a Duox-2 modchip with a 250 Gb. Came premodded.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

il give it a go, fair play lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement