Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Day

Options
  • 23-04-2007 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

Just to say that today, 23rd April 2007 is "Willie Day", as Mayo farmer Willie Corduff, who was jailed for three months in 2005 over his opposition to Shell's inland gas refinery at Bellanaboy and high-pressure pipeline through his farm, will been awarded the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize. Awarded annually this is often referred to as the Nobel Prize for the environment.

For those not au-fait with the Rossport Five struggle, for whom this is of course a joint award, more info. here

http://www.corribsos.com/

I'm sure we can post loads of photos on here, two to start off on the day of their release from 94 days in jail, September 2005.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,then they fight you, then you win. "
    Gandi

Maith thú Willie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

Surely this belongs to the politics or green issues forums? I resent the photography board being used to push a particular green/political agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

The whole idea of "post your favorite Willie photo" might get a better response in After Hours than here...

However, it's a bit of a flimsy photography thread, so off to green issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Its more of a political issue....so off it goes to Politics.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I wish there was a real willie day - to counter international women's day.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

March the 14th my friend.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement