Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in soon must be a Friday?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 4:35am

We are near the end of a long self build project, and can at last think of when to move in, we have been told it must be a friday :confused:

Does anyone know why it has to be this particular day?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sounds like one of those "broken mirror = 7yrs bad luck", "don't put new shoes ont the table, t'is bad luck" - waffle tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭secman

Most likely from a logical point of view. Move in on Friday and have the weekend to get sorted ! Makes sense I suppose. Any other day and you are waiting for weekend to come to sort out everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

we're on the same boat, it's an old wives tale..bad luck to move into a new house on anything but a friday..we were willing to play along when we were getting the keys last friday, but now that it has spilled over i'm moving in as soonas i get the keys..

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

They say you shouldn't do it on a Saturday.

UB wrote:

That's actually what I heard, it's all a load of boll!x so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

But would you risk it, all the same?

I would, the wife wouldn't:)

Sparks400 wrote:
    I would, the wife wouldn't:)

same here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

the "piseogs" will visit you during the night (must be friday night)!!! to
    bestow good luck and fortune on those who live and visit the house!!

i've never moved into a house on a night other than a friday night

i'll take any luck i can get:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

UB wrote:
    Yeah, that's the tale I've heard too. So we moved in on a Friday, even though I didn't know until now that Friday's are supposedly good luck for moving into new homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

The old wives tale says "Saturday flitting is short sitting", meaning if you move in on a Saturday you won't stay too long in the house.

I move in on a Saturday 15 years ago......... Still here.

However, friends have always moved in on Saturday and they've been through 5 houses in 7 years. They've just completed a new self build and moved in last weekend, on a Sundat this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Although many Irish consider it good luck to move in on friday, I hear that english people consider it unlucky. Personaly I've moved 3 times always on a friday evening as its easiest time to borrow a van and get free helpers.

Advertisement