Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demo Download Problem

• 23-04-2007 8:53am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to download the C&C3 demo, but as it's so large and i'm not sitting there watching it download, the console goes into standby after a while. I only have a wireless controller, is there anyway to have it stay on and downloading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

It should keep downloading , I set it downloading yesterday spent the first 60 % of the download playing a game and then i went to the shops when i got back it was done .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Like anto said, it should continue to download even when the screen/controller go into standby. When you wake it up again, find "Active Downloads" in the settings to see how the download's progressing.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not working particularly well for me, left it all night and was only at 1%. Will delete download after cancelling and try again. Might wire it up instead of using the wireless network to see if that helps.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

MarkR wrote:
    Not working particularly well for me, left it all night and was only at 1%. Will delete download after cancelling and try again. Might wire it up instead of using the wireless network to see if that helps.

Thanks

I don't generally have problems with downloads but I did with C&C it kept stopping much like you described.

It's probably getting hammered. Might try another demo as a test!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Major Nelson said that if you are experiencing a slow download, stop the download and retry it... it should be faster.

Restarted three times so far. Will try it this evening again I think. Fingers crossed.

It was me getting disconnected from xbox live which seemed to be slowing me down. It's behaving itself now, a bit slow still!

Advertisement