Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pools

Options
  • 23-04-2007 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any swimming pools in meath area that are not too busy at weekends.

NAC is great pool but busy at weekends.... ideally I am looking for a hotel with a pool where I can pay per visit or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

where abouts are you located and how far are you willing to travel?

smarmore castle has a nice pool and does be quiet but it is located in a very rural area.

http://www.smarmorecastle.com/leisure.htm

some other pools in meath...

Trim Swimming Pool
    Watergate Street,
    Trim
    Tel 046 943 1140
    Swimming pool with sauna

Kells Swimming Pool
    Navan Road,
    Kells
    Tel 046 924 0551
    Public sessions for swimming and sauna

never been to the trim one so cant comment, only been to kells on a fri night it was fairly quiet but that was a long time ago, i dont know how busy it does be now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Haha, I'm an architecture student in UCD and I have a design project on Swimming Pools in college at the minute so I'll gladly answer this one.
    My local pool is Trim Swimming Pool (Watergate Street in the middle of the town). It's 3 minutes walk from my house but I haven't gone in maybe 8 to 12 years (I'm 20 this year, i.e. I haven't gone since in or around the end of primary school). It's dirty and run down and due to be levelled within about 6 months, I've had a fear of it since I was a child. Of its time, and running out of time.
    The Leisurelink in Navan (just off the Windtown Road) is beautiful, opened 5 or 6 years ago, much nicer pool, (and I rarely give any credit to Navan, on boards or elsewhere!) Lovely warm feel to it, it really is beautiful and a pleasure to swim in.
    Other than that there's the new leisure pool in Knightsbrook Hotel (Trim-Dublin Road), I think you can gain access to the gym and pool for 5 or 6 euro, it's fairly small (maybe 15x5 metres) but there's a hot tub/jacuzzi and well-equipped gym there as part of the deal. Nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

upmeath wrote:
    Haha, I'm an architecture student in UCD and I have a design project on Swimming Pools in college at the minute so I'll gladly answer this one.
    My local pool is Trim Swimming Pool (Watergate Street in the middle of the town). It's 3 minutes walk from my house but I haven't gone in maybe 8 to 12 years (I'm 20 this year, i.e. I haven't gone since in or around the end of primary school). It's dirty and run down and due to be levelled within about 6 months, I've had a fear of it since I was a child. Of its time, and running out of time.

Do you know if the pool in Trim is to be rebuilt? I was hoping to start swimming there sometime soon, so typical that its about to be demolished!

Advertisement